La's Orchestra Saves the World

by Alexander McCall Smith | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 9780349122052 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingCoffee-1-OBCZwing of Cardiff, Wales United Kingdom on 11/21/2009
Journal Entry 1 by wingCoffee-1-OBCZwing from Cardiff, Wales United Kingdom on Saturday, November 21, 2009
Description from Amazon
With a failed marriage behind her, La -- short for Lavender -- moves to the Suffolk countryside on the eve of the Second World War to nurse her broken heart. Lonely and at a loss, a friend encourages her to bring the villagers and the men from the local airbase together by forming an amateur orchestra. One of her musician recruits is Feliks, a handsome and enigmatic Polish refugee. A friendship begins to blossom between the two, and La finds her feelings stirring to life again. Poignant, tender and inspiring, La's Orchestra Saves the World celebrates the power of love and friendship in the shadow of the collective tragedy of war, as well as the extraordinary healing power of music.

Journal Entry 2 by wingCoffee-1-OBCZwing at BCUK, Book Exchange -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, November 21, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (11/24/2009 UTC) at BCUK, Book Exchange -- Controlled Releases

Read and Release at BookCrossing.com...

In the post for BCUK Book Exchange.

Journal Entry 3 by calalilly from Waterlooville, Hampshire United Kingdom on Sunday, January 17, 2010
Sorry Cass I thought I had done the journal for this when I received it, I must have been so keen to read it that I forgot to do it. Thank you for sending a book from my wishlist. This was another enjoyable book by Alexander McCall Smith. I'm now going to send this off to another bcuk reader who enjoys this author's books.