The Dogs of Babel: A Novel

by Carolyn Parkhurst | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wildflower37 of Montclair, New Jersey USA on 11/20/2009
Journal Entry 1 by wildflower37 from Montclair, New Jersey USA on Friday, November 20, 2009
on tbr shelf.

Journal Entry 2 by wildflower37 from Montclair, New Jersey USA on Thursday, March 18, 2010
Unusual story of a husband immediately following the death of his wife. He knows his dog Lorelei (originally his wife's dog) was the last to see her alive. He tries to teach the dog to talk in the hopes that she can tell him what happened to his wife. Sounds fantastical, but it is a beautiful novel about the things people will do when they lose someone they truly love. Gorgeous prose and intriguing story.

Journal Entry 3 by wildflower37 at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (6/21/2010 UTC) at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Added to "Lions, Tigers and Bears" book box. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 4 by wingbookstogivewing at Springville, Tennessee USA on Tuesday, July 06, 2010
This book returned in the Lions, Tigers, Bears Bookbox, It looks good and I will read it before releasing it. Thanks for including it!

Edit: I have had this book WAY too long and am going to release it to travel onwards

Journal Entry 5 by wingbookstogivewing at Horsham, Pennsylvania USA on Thursday, April 21, 2016

Released 3 yrs ago (4/21/2016 UTC) at Horsham, Pennsylvania USA

Released as part of the Wishlist Tag Game, Happy Reading!

To the finder of this book:

Journal Entry 6 by wingReallyBookishwing at Horsham, Pennsylvania USA on Wednesday, April 27, 2016
Received today. Thank you for the wishlist tag book!

Journal Entry 7 by wingReallyBookishwing at Horsham, Pennsylvania USA on Tuesday, May 10, 2016
I was so relieved that I enjoyed this book! I became interested in it because I had read and liked another novel by Parkhurst, Lost and Found. Sometimes the second book I read by a new author can turn out to be a bit disappointing, I find, but thankfully that was not the case here.

This was an extremely quick read; I read the vast majority of it in a single evening, and I am not a particularly fast reader. The premise of the book pulled me right in and there was an element of mystery which kept me wanting to find out what happened. Recommended!

Journal Entry 8 by wingReallyBookishwing at Horsham, Pennsylvania USA on Thursday, August 04, 2016
Reserving for the General Literature VBB.

Description from Amazon:

"In Paul's fantastic and even perilous search for the truth about his wife's death, he abandons his everyday life to embark on a series of experiments designed to teach his dog Lorelei to communicate. Could she really give him the answers he is looking for?"

Journal Entry 9 by wingReallyBookishwing at Horsham, Pennsylvania USA on Friday, February 24, 2017
Removing from the General Literature VBB and making available.

Journal Entry 10 by wingReallyBookishwing at Power Line Trail in Horsham, Pennsylvania USA on Thursday, April 13, 2017

Released 2 yrs ago (4/13/2017 UTC) at Power Line Trail in Horsham, Pennsylvania USA

Will release somewhere along the trail this morning.