The Little Stranger

by Sarah Waters | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingiiwiwing of Zeist, Utrecht Netherlands on 11/12/2009
Journal Entry 1 by wingiiwiwing from Zeist, Utrecht Netherlands on Thursday, November 12, 2009
It was a bit of a disapointment, this book. I never was quite part of it. As the whole story is told by an outsider, I staid an outsider also. The ending makes clear why it has ben written like this, but it doesn't make up for my feeling of disapointment through the whole book. As a true ghoststory it never comes of the ground, I found the book never getting momentum and not scary at all. The atmosphere and the old house are very nice though.

Journal Entry 2 by wingiiwiwing from Zeist, Utrecht Netherlands on Saturday, November 14, 2009
*Stretches his mighty throwing arm and sends the book high in to the air*. Where will it land I wonder.

Journal Entry 3 by Bjorg from Reykjavík, Reykjavík (Höfuðborgar svæðið) Iceland on Monday, November 23, 2009
Wow:) what a great surprise:) thanks so much iiwi:) I´m a big fan of Sarah Waters so I can´t wait to read this one!!!! THANKS:)

Journal Entry 4 by Bjorg at Reykjavík, Reykjavík (Höfuðborgar svæðið) Iceland on Monday, May 23, 2011
Just like iiwi I was a bit disappointed with this book. I have read the other 4 books by Sarah Waters and just loved those, this one is very different and I found it difficult to really get into it.

Journal Entry 5 by Bjorg at Glasgow, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, May 23, 2011

Released 9 yrs ago (5/25/2011 UTC) at Glasgow, Scotland United Kingdom

A wishlist book for fee_gee, hope you will enjoy it :)

Journal Entry 6 by fee_gee at Glasgow, Scotland United Kingdom on Wednesday, June 01, 2011
Thank you for sending this wishlist book on to me in the UK, I have started reading The Pilot's Wife so it shouldn't take me too long to send it out to you x

Journal Entry 7 by fee_gee at Glasgow, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, March 15, 2012
I have to agree that this book is not as good as some of the others by this author and as ghost stories go it was a bit tame however I did enjoy it and found the relationships amongst the characters interesting and the description of the old house and it's demise made me want to get my tools out and fix the place up myself :)