An Atlas of Impossible Longing

by Anuradha Roy | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by Chucklesthescot of Paisley, Scotland United Kingdom on 11/10/2009
Journal Entry 1 by Chucklesthescot from Paisley, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, November 10, 2009
On the outskirts of a small town in Bengal, a family live in solitude in their vast new home. A widower struggles with his feelings for an unmarried cousin, his motherless daughter runs wild with an orphan of unknown caste and the family matriarch goes slowly mad, confined to her own room.

Journal Entry 2 by Chucklesthescot from Paisley, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, November 10, 2009
I couldn't get into this book at all and the only interesting part was the old woman with Tourette's Syndrome style outbursts. It was funny in a tragic sort of way-you laughed and then felt guilty for laughing at her as it is a horrible illness to suffer from.

Journal Entry 3 by Chucklesthescot at Paisley, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (1/5/2010 UTC) at Paisley, Scotland United Kingdom

Heading off to a new reader in the Asian VBB. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 4 by katrinat from Southend-on-Sea, Essex United Kingdom on Thursday, January 14, 2010
Arrived today, no worry about the delay as it will take me a while to get to it, mount tbr is toppling at the mo. Thanks for sending

Journal Entry 5 by katrinat at Leigh-on-Sea, Essex United Kingdom on Monday, August 07, 2017
I said my TBR pile was long - 7 years later I finally picked it up! Sorry I hadn't meant to keep it so long.
This was a strange book, for the most part I enjoyed it but something about it made it quite a slow read. I really enjoyed the characters relationships and histories which were explored through the three different generations. I found the mother's struggle with her son's wife and her gradual demise the most interesting part of the story, the end section was a bit twee but I forgave them.

Released 2 yrs ago (7/27/2017 UTC) at Aurora: P and 0 Cruise ship in Southampton, Hampshire United Kingdom

I was planning on leaving this in Norway but on our final day it was raining so much that I only ventured off of the ship for 10 mins and quickly ran back to the dry ship. So this was left on the table where fellow cruise members shared books and I noticed later in the day it'd been snapped up. Hoping this will find its way some place new.