The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

by C.S. Lewis | Children's Books |
Registered by wingNancyNovawing of Lansdale, Pennsylvania USA on 10/25/2009
Journal Entry 1 by wingNancyNovawing from Lansdale, Pennsylvania USA on Sunday, October 25, 2009
from the Jacob's Woods bookshelf

Journal Entry 2 by wingNancyNovawing at Lansdale, Pennsylvania USA on Friday, June 04, 2010
Changing status to reserved. Saving for slb453 (first copy lost in mail)

Journal Entry 3 by wingNancyNovawing at Lansdale, Pennsylvania USA on Sunday, October 03, 2010
Children's book about four school age children, living in England with the professor (a family member?). When they hide in the wardrobe, the back sometimes opens into the magical world of Narnia, where good and evil battle with good triumphing in the end

Journal Entry 4 by wingNancyNovawing at Altamonte Springs, Florida USA on Saturday, October 09, 2010

Released 10 yrs ago (10/9/2010 UTC) at Altamonte Springs, Florida USA

second try to get this book to slb - maybe this time it won't get swiped!

Journal Entry 5 by slb453 at Altamonte Springs, Florida USA on Tuesday, October 12, 2010
Received today! Thank you so much, Nancynova! It is so generous of you to replace the book that got lost in the mail! Thank you also very much for the bookmarks, BC stickers, and BC sticky note! I really appreciate your kindness; you made my day! :)

My mom has been saying to me recently, and coincidentally, that she would like to try reading Narnia for the first time, so she will be reading this, too. Thanks!

Journal Entry 6 by slb453 at Altamonte Springs, Florida USA on Wednesday, April 27, 2011
I finished reading this tonight! Thanks again for sending this to me, Nancynova! I enjoyed reading it a lot. I hadn't read it since I was a kid. C.S. Lewis was very talented; his writing flows, and he has a great sense of humor, especially regarding the character of the Professor.

I'm going to wild release this soon, so I guess my mom will just have to get a copy from the library if she ever wants to read it. ;)

Journal Entry 7 by slb453 at The Furniture Deal in Altamonte Springs, Florida USA on Saturday, April 30, 2011

Released 10 yrs ago (4/30/2011 UTC) at The Furniture Deal in Altamonte Springs, Florida USA

I was walking along the sidewalk with a few BookCrossing books to release, not exactly sure where I would leave them, waiting for Serendipity or Inspiration to strike.

It occurred to me when I saw The Furniture Deal sign looming that that would make a nice themed release for The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. So I left the book on top of the bushes along the sidewalk, right in front of The Furniture Deal.

Released for the 2011 Set Them Free Challenge, the 2011 Movie Books Release Challenge, and the 2011 Keep Them Moving Challenge!

TO THE FINDER:

Welcome to BookCrossing! Thank you for helping me track this book's journey! I have been a member of BookCrossing since 2009, and my books released into the wild have traveled across the country, and even to Canada and Uruguay! It's a fun and rewarding hobby! :)

Not sure what to do? Follow these steps!

1) Register as a member to receive future journal entries on this book and track its journey around the world! It's free and spam-free. Or you may remain anonymous and go to Step 3.

2) Please put me, slb453, as your referring member when you edit your profile. Thanks!

3) Make a journal entry on this book to let us know how you found it!

4) If you choose to read the book, please make another journal entry when you finish it to let us know what you thought!

5) Ready to pass the book on? Click on "make release notes" to let us know where it's going! Leave the book in a public place or give it to a friend!

Enjoy, and thank you for making a journal entry! :)