Short And Tall Tales: Moose County Legends (Cat Who Short Stories)

by Lilian Jackson Braun | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by imawinn2 of Neenah, Wisconsin USA on 10/24/2009
Journal Entry 1 by imawinn2 from Neenah, Wisconsin USA on Saturday, October 24, 2009
Dear Sfogs,

Best Wishes and a Merry Christmas to you! Hope you enjoy the book.

Your Secret Santa,
o<(;-)>

Journal Entry 2 by Sfogs from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Sunday, November 15, 2009
THANK YOU~!!!
I saw the christmas wrapping...but I couldn't help myself and opened it anyway! >.<

Have very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

Journal Entry 3 by Sfogs from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Thursday, December 10, 2009
What cute little stories!!!!
I really liked the one about Punkin the Cat! Thank you imawinn2 !!!

Making into a bookray!

carelaisa -Canada (US/Canada post)
heartthumper -USA (Int'l post)
FrancesinSA -South Africa (Int'l post)
yorkshire-lass -UK (Int'l post)
kirstykat -UK (UK/EU post)
mafarrimond -UK (Int'l post)
Sarahmuh -Sweden (Int'l post)
Annelis -Finland (Int'l post)
pfiffigunde2 -Switzerland (Int'l post) *Here*
lils74 -Nepal (Int'l post)
NMReader -USA (US post)

Journal Entry 4 by Sfogs at Christchurch, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- New Zealand on Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Released 11 yrs ago (1/18/2010 UTC) at Christchurch, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- New Zealand

On it's way to carelaisa in Canada!

Journal Entry 5 by wingcarelaisawing from Québec, Québec Canada on Tuesday, February 2, 2010
Rec'd this morning! I'm reading at the moment a huge book but I should be through it by the weekend, hopefully. Anyway, this book is quite tiny so shouldn't take me long to read it and pass it along.

Thanks Sfogs for starting this ray! and for the postcard & bookmark!

Journal Entry 6 by wingcarelaisawing from Québec, Québec Canada on Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Wow! What can I say? It's the shortest book I ever read in a very longtime!! It took me a day - reading it at different moments - but still it was quite interesting. Soem of the stories are better than others but overall, I would say it's a nice book.

Now, I do have heartthumper's address; the book is ready to go - I just need to drag myself to the post office! Will post again when the book will be offically in the mail!

Journal Entry 7 by wingcarelaisawing from Québec, Québec Canada on Friday, February 12, 2010
The book is now officially travelling toward heartthumper :)

Journal Entry 8 by wingheartthumperwing from Hutchinson, Kansas USA on Friday, February 19, 2010
Arrived today by post. Thanks! And thank you careleisa for the postcard of Quebec!

Cute Stories!

Journal Entry 9 by wingheartthumperwing at Sasolburg, Free State South Africa on Thursday, February 25, 2010

Released 11 yrs ago (2/22/2010 UTC) at Sasolburg, Free State South Africa

Mailed to FrancesinSA who's next on the list. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 10 by FrancesinSA on Thursday, March 18, 2010
This book arrived today. The cat on the front cover looks just like my cat, Shadow. Thank you, heartthumper for sending the book to me and for the bookcrossing postcard and calendar bookmark. :-)

Journal Entry 11 by FrancesinSA on Monday, March 29, 2010
The stories are very short and some have appeared in other books in the Cat Who... series. I was disappointed that there were no stories about Koko and Yum-Yum. The stories are about the people of Moose County.

Journal Entry 12 by FrancesinSA at Sasolburg, Free State South Africa on Monday, March 29, 2010

Released 11 yrs ago (3/29/2010 UTC) at Sasolburg, Free State South Africa

I posted this today to yorkshire-lass. Thanks for this bookray.

Journal Entry 13 by wingyorkshire-lasswing from Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Friday, April 9, 2010
Thank you,the book was waiting for me when I got back from a few days away. Thanks FrancesinSA for the World Cup pencil, I'm sure my son will claim that when he spots it!

Journal Entry 14 by wingyorkshire-lasswing from Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Thursday, April 15, 2010
A very short and sweet littlt book, the story I liked best was A Scratching Under the Door. Thanks for including me Sfogs.
Kirstykat was after me on the list,but she asked to be skipped.

Journal Entry 15 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at Bookring/Bookray, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- Canada on Thursday, April 15, 2010

Released 11 yrs ago (4/15/2010 UTC) at Bookring/Bookray, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- Canada

On its way to its next reader.

Journal Entry 16 by mafarrimond from Hawarden, Wales United Kingdom on Friday, April 23, 2010
The book has arrived safely. I will read as soon as possible and post on.

Journal Entry 17 by mafarrimond from Hawarden, Wales United Kingdom on Sunday, May 9, 2010
A timely bookring. I have only recently finished The Cat who robbed a Bank in which this little book was mentioned a few times. Some interesting little stories - my favourite had to be "A Scratching Under the Door". Thank you for sharing it with me.

Journal Entry 18 by mafarrimond at Lidingo, Lappland Sweden on Saturday, May 15, 2010

Released 11 yrs ago (5/15/2010 UTC) at Lidingo, Lappland Sweden

Posting on to sarahmuh. Enjoy.

Journal Entry 19 by Sarahmuh at Lidingo, Stockholm Sweden on Thursday, May 27, 2010
This arrived a couple of days ago - thank you very much! I'm looking forward to reading it.

1 June 2010

This didn't take long to read at all! It was quite fun and I recognised some of the stories from other Cat Who books.

This book will continue its travels as soon as I have the address of the next person in line.

Thanks for organising this book ray!

Journal Entry 20 by Sarahmuh at Kerava, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Released 11 yrs ago (6/8/2010 UTC) at Kerava, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

On its way to Finland tonight - enjoy!

Journal Entry 21 by wingAnneliswing at Kerava, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Monday, June 14, 2010
Hurrah, the book of Moose county legends arrived in Kerava. I'll read it soon and the it can continue travelling. Thank you very much for the book, labels and the postcard!

Journal Entry 22 by wingAnneliswing at Kerava, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Wednesday, August 4, 2010
These were nice little stories. I like Moose County!

I have been trying to reach Pfiffigunde2 by PMs. Maybe I'll get the posting address soon.

This is my #68 (100) in "REDUCE MOUNT TBR 2010" Challenge arranged by DoveiLibri.

Journal Entry 23 by wingAnneliswing at Kerava, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, August 17, 2010
Still no answer to my PMs from pfiffigunde2. I'll try once more.

- Success! The book is on its way to Switzerland. Happy reading!

This book is # 62 in my Keep Them Moving 2010 Challenge arranged by Guinaveve.

Journal Entry 24 by pfiffigunde2 at Obfelden, Zürich Switzerland on Monday, August 30, 2010
The book arrived a couple of days ago - thank you Annelis for sending!

Journal Entry 25 by pfiffigunde2 at Obfelden, Zürich Switzerland on Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Released 7 yrs ago (10/28/2013 UTC) at Obfelden, Zürich Switzerland

By mail on its way to Nepal - enjoy !

Journal Entry 26 by lils74 at Kathmandu, Bagmati (incl. Kathmandu Valley) Nepal on Tuesday, November 12, 2013
This arrived safely today, by registered post; thank you, Pfiffigunde2, for sending it, along with another "Cat Who..." RABCK book, and a beautiful little Advent calendar...(that's what they're called, right?). I can't wait for December to begin using it. It's lovely!

Journal Entry 27 by lils74 at Kathmandu, Bagmati (incl. Kathmandu Valley) Nepal on Monday, November 18, 2013
I finished this book in just a few days; it was fun and easy to read. Though they are simple stories, they are deceptively and in some cases surprisingly interesting, they keep you wanting more. In a way it reminded me a little of some of the tales in 'Bachelor Brothers' Bed & Breakfast.'
I enjoyed this a lot--thanks for sharing it, Sfogs, and Pfiffigunde2 for passing it on to me. I'm pming NMReader for her address now.

Journal Entry 28 by lils74 at Kathmandu, Bagmati (incl. Kathmandu Valley) Nepal on Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Released 7 yrs ago (1/28/2014 UTC) at Kathmandu, Bagmati (incl. Kathmandu Valley) Nepal

I'm sorry for the delay with this--I posted this about a week or ten days ago to NMReader in the US, but forgot to make release notes at the time as I got sick pretty much right after that.
Also, I had sent a PM to check for her address back in November when I finished it, but then when I didn't hear back I totally forgot about checking again. Until recently. Sorry about all the delays!

Happy Travels, Little Book!

Journal Entry 29 by NMReader at Herndon, Virginia USA on Wednesday, February 5, 2014
Arrived today. Thanks for including me

Journal Entry 30 by NMReader at Herndon, Virginia USA on Sunday, October 26, 2014

Released 6 yrs ago (10/26/2014 UTC) at Herndon, Virginia USA