Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress: A Novel

by DAI SIJIE | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by lils74 of Kathmandu, Bagmati (incl. Kathmandu Valley) Nepal on 10/19/2009
Journal Entry 1 by lils74 from Kathmandu, Bagmati (incl. Kathmandu Valley) Nepal on Monday, October 19, 2009
Found this book again recently while sorting through my cupboard. I had picked it up at a yard sale and forgotten about it. I've started reading it and so far have found it a very enchanting and readable tale. Will update when finished.

Journal Entry 2 by lils74 from Kathmandu, Bagmati (incl. Kathmandu Valley) Nepal on Sunday, November 01, 2009
Just finished this one (actually I finished it last week but forgot to journal it). Beautifully written, poignant funny. I would heartily recommend it. The ending took me by surprise, which for me is also a joy.
I will seeking a good new home for it now.

Journal Entry 3 by lils74 at my BC anniversary RABCK!, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, November 24, 2011

Released 7 yrs ago (11/24/2011 UTC) at my BC anniversary RABCK!, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

I forgot to make release notes for this, but I mailed it off a few weeks ago to the lucky winner of my 3 year anniversary RABCK! Hope you enjoy it...and the other goodies in the parcel!

Journal Entry 4 by roommush at Panevėžys, Panevėžio Lithuania on Friday, December 23, 2011
A HUGE thank you, lils74!
I'm looking forward to reading this book. And the parcel definitely was a joy to receive; I couldn't have hoped to receive anything better - the contents are awesome ^^ I was very lucky, thank you :>

Journal Entry 5 by roommush at Vilnius, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- Lithuania on Monday, November 25, 2013

Released 5 yrs ago (11/25/2013 UTC) at Vilnius, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- Lithuania

I hope you enjoy your choice! :)

Journal Entry 6 by wingBoekentrolwing at Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Wednesday, December 04, 2013
Thank you, xlacrimax! Your book from the first sentence VBB arrived safely today.

Journal Entry 7 by wingBoekentrolwing at Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Wednesday, December 04, 2013
My review for the other copy that passed by:
"It seems I'm into books on re-education at the moment, this is already the second book in a row that is about the Cultural Revolution, enemies of the people and the attempts made to re-educate them.

I liked the book. How the boys bend themselves in many shapes to get the suitcase filled with forbidden books that Four Eyes is hiding... And how they (or, more in particular Luo) is trying to impress the little seamstress with the books, the stories and how he tries to make her 'less peasant'. How that works out was an unexpected turn for me, and I don't think the boys would have thought of that either..."

Journal Entry 8 by wingBoekentrolwing at Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Monday, May 12, 2014

Released 4 yrs ago (5/12/2014 UTC) at Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands

On its way to one of the winners of my 2 kg. book parcel RABCK.

I hope you like the books I picked and I wish you many happy hours of reading :-)

Journal Entry 9 by MLA at Oslo Sentrum, Oslo fylke Norway on Monday, May 19, 2014
Thank you Boekentrol for this book which arrived on Friday, but the post office was closed when I got home and also closed on Saturday due to the celebration of our Constitution (which was signed on 17 May 1814).

I'm looking forward to read this book.

Journal Entry 10 by MLA at Vestre Aker bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on Saturday, April 15, 2017
Liked this book very much. An interesting and funny story.

Will be released at the Convention in Oslo next week.

Released 2 yrs ago (4/22/2017 UTC) at BookCrossing Convention 2017 in Oslo, A surprise for another bookcrosser! -- Controlled Releases

To the finder, enjoy, and I hope you will write a journal entry so that previous readers will know that this book has been found (even anonymously). It is always a joy to find where it has gone. Once you've read this book, pass it on to a friend, or set it out "in the wild" for someone else to find as you did.
You can remain anonymous but if you are interested in joining please consider using - MLA as your referrer.
When you pass this book along, please make a release note to let others know where you left it. Thank you.

Journal Entry 12 by wingcoco7wing at Sprendlingen, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany on Saturday, April 22, 2017
My win in the book swap game. It is a fantastic book, but I've already read it. Passed on to haugtussa.

Journal Entry 13 by wingHaugtussawing at Stavanger, Rogaland fylke Norway on Saturday, April 22, 2017
Lucky me - I got an extra book!!!

Journal Entry 14 by wingHaugtussawing at Stavanger, Rogaland fylke Norway on Saturday, December 09, 2017
A beautiful, little book. Easy read, enjoyable characters, and I learnt something! What more do you want in a book?
Now I need to dig out a book by Balzac, as I have never read anything by him.

Journal Entry 15 by wingHaugtussawing at Stavanger, Rogaland fylke Norway on Friday, February 23, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (2/23/2018 UTC) at Stavanger, Rogaland fylke Norway

I hope you enjoy this book as much as I did.

Journal Entry 16 by wingMankyiwing at Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Friday, March 02, 2018
What a lovely surprise! looking forward to reading this well-traveled book.