The Double Bind (Vintage Contemporaries)

by Chris Bohjalian | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by pritzkit of Media, Pennsylvania USA on 10/18/2009
Journal Entry 1 by pritzkit from Media, Pennsylvania USA on Sunday, October 18, 2009
Picked up for $1 at my library book sale. Adding it to Mt. TBR.

Updated after reading-available as of 2/6/10. I liked it through the first 2/3 but it was a push to get to the end. Midwives was my first Bohjalian book, and I thought it was fantastic; I've been disappointed in everything I've read of his since, so I think this will be my last.

Journal Entry 2 by pritzkit at a fellow bookcrosser, RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (4/6/2010 UTC) at a fellow bookcrosser, RABCK -- Controlled Releases

On its way to CA tonight...

Journal Entry 3 by wingvalpetewing from Walnut Creek, California USA on Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Thanks for this RABCK. I've only read Midwives by this author and didn't think much of that book. I'd like to give him one more try!

Journal Entry 4 by wingvalpetewing at Walnut Creek, California USA on Monday, January 03, 2011

Released 9 yrs ago (1/5/2011 UTC) at Walnut Creek, California USA

I've wanted to read this, but it's been on my TBR shelf for too long. Time to send it along to another BCer who has it on her Wishlist. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 5 by wingMmeClintonwing at South Berwick, Maine USA on Thursday, January 13, 2011
This was a real surprise, along with another book, from Valpete with whom I have often exchanged books!!! The postman arrived in the ongoing blizzard to deliver them, and then his truck got stuck.... we got him out, but I guess I'll never forget when this arrived! I look forward to eventually getting to it. Thanks for thinking of me!

Journal Entry 6 by wingMmeClintonwing at South Berwick, Maine USA on Saturday, June 14, 2014
Well as my TBR pile grows ever larger, many book are lost in the shuffle; this one waited three years+ to get read, but of course I DO intend to read them all! I did like this book, for the plot which was very clever, although I found some of the descriptions of what characters were "doing" a bit tedious. I wrote a lengthy review on Shelfari, so check that out (and join!) if you want more! This is going off to a friend bookcrosser in Canada to thank her for so many good books she has sent my way!

Journal Entry 7 by lauraloo29 at Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Saturday, July 05, 2014
Arrived safe and sound. Thank you!

Journal Entry 8 by lauraloo29 at Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Thursday, September 24, 2015

Released 4 yrs ago (9/30/2015 UTC) at Edmonton, Alberta Canada

Sending as a RABCK to iwillrejoice. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 9 by wingiwillrejoicewing at Fort Myers, Florida USA on Wednesday, October 07, 2015
I've been out of town, so I don't know exactly when this book arrived, but it came home from the post office today. Thank you!

Journal Entry 10 by wingiwillrejoicewing at Fort Myers, Florida USA on Friday, December 01, 2017
I now have a second copy of this book, so time to turn this one loose!

Journal Entry 11 by wingiwillrejoicewing at BookRing, by mail -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (5/23/2018 UTC) at BookRing, by mail -- Controlled Releases

Journal Entry 12 by jmsmom at Newalla, Oklahoma USA on Friday, June 01, 2018
Taken from the D bookring.