Greek Gods and Heroes (Laurel-leaf books)

by Robert Graves | Children's Books |
Registered by wingCordelia-annewing of Someplace, Georgia USA on 10/12/2009
Journal Entry 1 by wingCordelia-annewing from Someplace, Georgia USA on Monday, October 12, 2009
Dear Reader,

Atlanta's rains, which only recently caused major flooding, have returned. To observe this, I've made an old print I had of The Triumph of Bacchus and Ariadne," from Baroque painter Annibale Carracci's fresco cycle The Loves of the Gods, into something. The old print was a relic from my past. It was cleared from a massive lot of things in my garage. I couldn't put it into the recylcing bin somehow. Obviously, being a bookcrosser I have this "gentle madness" where books are concerned. Well, that madness extends to things of beauty and sentimental value too. Perhaps I'll make my little craft project that goes with this book available in bookcrossing. I don't know. So, though the story is not in Robert Graves beautifully written Greek Gods and Heros, I'm registering this book, which is old, old and not exactly like the one pictured in the journal entry. I guess I need to ponder the story of Ariadne and Bacchus. Ariadne, abandoned by her lover Theseus on the isle of Naxos after she saved him from the beastly Minotaur, was brought out of her seculsion by Bacchus, the god of wine and revelry. Hmmm? What could this myth mean as far as I'm concerned? Or as far as you are concerned Dear Reader? If you've found this journal entry, you may very well be experiencing book serendipity.

Journal Entry 2 by wingCordelia-annewing from Someplace, Georgia USA on Monday, October 12, 2009
I can't find my pen for my really private journal and I feel the need to note that I found a new bookcase. It's not particle board, it's real pine. I'm working on it and hope to have it up to contain my poor stray books, which are all over the house, despite the fact that there are plenty of bookcases here already.

Journal Entry 3 by wingCordelia-annewing at Decatur, Georgia USA on Wednesday, July 28, 2010
Another day, another book case and another bookcrossing tag, this time for this book, which I'm adding to the big stack of bookcrossing books on the new bookcase.

Journal Entry 4 by wingCordelia-annewing at Mason, Ohio USA on Saturday, November 27, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (11/27/2010 UTC) at Mason, Ohio USA

I'm adding this in a book box that contains materials dealing with the ancient world...And the destination is rife with young readers. Rick Riordan fans might enjoy this. Robert Graves is an awesome writer dudes. Sorry I didn't write about the myths within--but Bacchus is part of the book box I'm sending. He was the patron of lovely ancient Pompeii. That's a good reason not to adopt him as your patron Dear Readers. I gave the piece I made to someone who loves Italian art. My bookcases are growing more and more ordered. My excavations in the garage continue.

Journal Entry 5 by jsport at Mason, Ohio USA on Monday, November 29, 2010
I like to read about Greek Gods. Thanks for sending this.