The Body In The Gallery: A Faith Fairchild Mystery

by Katherine H Page | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by loveamystery of Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on 10/7/2009
Journal Entry 1 by loveamystery from Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Wednesday, October 07, 2009
This was just what I needed to read after two more serious books. Faith is one of my favourite sleuths. The author tackles an issue faced by teens growing up, as well as the issue of a working mom. So, all in all, it was also a serious book, but had its light moments as well.

Journal Entry 2 by loveamystery at Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Released 9 yrs ago (10/27/2009 UTC) at Vancouver, British Columbia Canada

This book is now on its way to someone who chose it out of a VBB I was participating in. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by FrancesinSA on Friday, January 29, 2010
Yay! book arrived today. It looks like a book I will enjoy and I am happy with my choice. I chose this in the First sentence VBB. The first sentence is 'Wait, let me get this straight. Isn't what you're suggesting called breaking and entering?'.

Thanks loveamystery for this book!

Amazon Editorial Review:
Faith's catering business has been slow with the downturn of the economy, so when her friend Patsy Avery proposes that she take over the café at Aleford's Ganley Art Museum, it seems like a not-to-be-missed opportunity. And Patsy has an ulterior motive—she discovers that the Romare Bearden piece she lent the museum has been switched with a fake and wants Faith to snoop around to find the culprit.
Life at the museum doesn't stay calm for long and Faith is soon enmeshed in the Ganley's murky past and present as she struggles to make connections among apparently disparate items: the fake Bearden, Pepperidge Farm Goldfish crackers, and a Jane Doe corpse that turns up as an unintended part of an art installation. At home, son Ben, now in the hell known as middle school, becomes involved in a cyberbullying escapade and husband Tom wants his wife to morph into June Cleaver.
Her investigation takes Faith into Boston's art scene and historic Beacon Hill, as well as into the lives behind the façade of the Ganley's very proper board of trustees. She is at her wit's—and almost dead—end, as the killer strikes again, and again.

Journal Entry 4 by FrancesinSA on Monday, April 05, 2010
This is the first book I have read in this series. I enjoyed it and would like to read more about Faith Fairchild. Included in the book are some recipes such as Chicken Stroganoff and Red Velvet Cake.

Journal Entry 5 by FrancesinSA at Sasolburg, Free State South Africa on Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Released 8 yrs ago (5/19/2010 UTC) at Sasolburg, Free State South Africa

I will post this today to mafarrimond, who chose it in my 200 wild releases RABCK.

Journal Entry 6 by mafarrimond at Hawarden, Wales United Kingdom on Friday, July 30, 2010
The book has arrived safely and I think I will enjoy this. THank you.