Harmful Intent

by Robin Cook | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by gerbie7 of Goor, Overijssel Netherlands on 6/14/2003
Journal Entry 1 by gerbie7 from Goor, Overijssel Netherlands on Saturday, June 14, 2003
Medical thriller. By the specialist. Have fun reading it.

Journal Entry 2 by gerbie7 at in the mail to fellow bookcrosser. in Ede, Gelderland Netherlands on Monday, July 07, 2003
Released on Monday, July 07, 2003 at in the mail to fellow bookcrosser. in Ede, Gelderland Netherlands.

Mailed it this morning to dutch-flybaby.

Journal Entry 3 by dutch-flybabe from Ede, Gelderland Netherlands on Tuesday, July 08, 2003
Giving books away is rewarded! Today I found two enveloppes in the mail (again, that also happened three days ago) with three books in them. One of them is this one. Thanks Gerbie7!
This amazon edotorial is why I think it might be an interesting book:
'When a mother and her newborn infant die from the anesthetic he has administered, Boston anesthesiologist Dr. Jeffrey Rhodes's life turns into a shambles. Within months he has been financially destroyed in a malpractice suit and convicted of second-degree murder, with a prison term likely. Panicked, he flees and, in desperation, turns to Kelly Everson, the widow of an old friend who committed suicide following a similar tragedy. They discover that both incidents--and others as well--may not have been cases of physician error but rather deliberate murders. The villain, known to the reader early on, is finally uncovered by the duo, whose efforts are complicated by the unrelenting pursuit of Rhodes by a bounty hunter who has been hired by the bail bondsman who stands to lose a small fortune if the convict is not returned to custody. Through two-thirds of its length, this is a fast-paced, albeit improbable, story of the havoc that can be wreaked by a lone madman. Then a sudden twist brings in a new set of villains and reveals an evil conspiracy that snaps belief.'

Journal Entry 4 by dutch-flybabe from Ede, Gelderland Netherlands on Thursday, October 09, 2003
The first book I read from this author and I liked it a lot. Nice speed to the story and easy to visualize. A bit of a strange twist at the end; I still can't decide if I like it or not. I do like medical stories though, I'm sure about that!
Anyway, I would like to read some more books by this author.

Journal Entry 5 by dutch-flybabe from Ede, Gelderland Netherlands on Thursday, May 27, 2004
Traded this book with Marina1809 for About face by Fern Michaels, so as of now this book is reserved for her.

Journal Entry 6 by dutch-flybabe at on Wednesday, June 09, 2004
Release planned for Sunday, June 13, 2004 at Strandpaviljoen de Albatros in Castricum, Noord-Holland Controlled Releases.

I'm giving this book to Biba89 at the bookcrossing meeting today (13.30 hrs) and she will pass it on to Marina1809 who lives in the same city she does. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 7 by Marina1809 on Wednesday, June 16, 2004
thanks........on the tbr pile which is getting BIGGER INSTEAD OF SMALLER!

Journal Entry 8 by Marina1809 on Tuesday, July 20, 2004
Not a great book by one of my favourite authors. Starts off fanastically, but by half way through the book, u are thinking that Dr. Rhodes is a superman, and that nothing and no-one (even the best bounty hunters around) can catch him. He escapes bullets, injections, whacks over the head, punch-ups, scales high buildigs, u name it and is miraculously basically uninjured. Yeah Right! And a doctor, ok, an anaesthesiologist who is queasy
at the sight of an autopsy and basic medical proceedures...YEAH RIGHT!...sorry, not fantastic, not bad, gave a nice insight into a poision derived from SA frogs.

Journal Entry 9 by owlet from Maastricht, Limburg Netherlands on Monday, August 02, 2004
I've never read a book by Robin Cook yet, but knowing the name I thought I might as well try one. I 'caught' this book during the super BC-BBQ in Deventer.

Journal Entry 10 by owlet from Maastricht, Limburg Netherlands on Friday, June 10, 2005
Wow, just finished it while sitting in the sun, couldn't wait any longer! This was my first book by this author and I must say I rather liked it, even though the medical stuff sometimes got too technical (all those different toxins and nerve cells, I just couldn't keep up with all that). But that didn't get in the way of the story, which was quite engrossing. Okay, at the end it got all a little too fantastic, what with the bounty hunter turning into the fugitive's best friend, but still very enjoying. Thanks for crossing this one!

Don't know yet where I'll release it, I first thought about the hospital, but the finder might not appreciate that touch, the book being about an evil nurse killing people randomingly in a hospital [evil grin].

Journal Entry 11 by wingOBCZ-SamSamwing from Enschede, Overijssel Netherlands on Sunday, June 26, 2005
Dit boek dreigde over te blijven na de meeting in Castricum en ligt nu in de opslag van OBCZ Sam Sam. Maar misschien neem ik (Digimike) het wel mee op vakantie en laat ik het dan achter.

Journal Entry 12 by Digimike from Beekbergen, Gelderland Netherlands on Tuesday, June 28, 2005
I took this book from the meeting. I am going to read it during my holidays and will leave it then somewhere in France or Italy (probably Corsica).

Journal Entry 13 by Digimike from Beekbergen, Gelderland Netherlands on Friday, September 16, 2005
I read this book during my holidays in France. I found it exciting, however there were also a lot of storylines that Cook didn't elaborate. For instance: waht about the disturbed sexuality of Trent? Also the sudden change in the character of Devlin was a bit exaggerated. However, fine stuff to read during holidays!

Released at the ferry from Nice to Bastia.

Journal Entry 15 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Saturday, September 17, 2005
Left by a client in Hotel Le Cassini** in Le Freney d'Oisans (French Alpes). The client came from Corse by Ferry.

CAUGHT IN LE FRENEY D'OISANS / LES 2 ALPES ISERE FRANCE