Nights of Rain and Stars

by Maeve Binchy | Romance |
Registered by Canadian-babe of Montepulciano, Toscana Italy on 9/29/2009
Journal Entry 1 by Canadian-babe from Montepulciano, Toscana Italy on Tuesday, September 29, 2009
From back cover:

Four strangers meet in a Greek taverna high above the small village of Aghia Anna. From Ireland, America, Germany and England, they have each left their homes and their old lives, when a shocking tragedy throws them unexpectedly together.

Fiona is trying to make her family understand her need to follow her own path. Thomas desperately misses his young son and fears that his ex-wife will come between them. Elsa abandoned a successful career, but someone from her past refuses to let her go. And shy, quiet David is determined to make a stand against his overbearing father.

Nights of Rain and Stars is the story of one summer and four people, each with a life in turmoil. With the help of Vonni, an Irish woman who lives in the village and is now a near-native, they find solutions - though not necessarily the ones they anticipated...

*****

I read this book a couple of years ago and I definately will try to read all her books since I find she is a good story-teller.

This books has been sitting on the shelf for a while, I didn't want to part with it because I really did enjoy the story, but since I know that another BCer friend very much likes Maeve Binchy, I know that it'll be in very good hands.

Journal Entry 2 by Canadian-babe at Surprise RABCK, Holiday Gift Giving -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Released 9 yrs ago (10/14/2009 UTC) at Surprise RABCK, Holiday Gift Giving -- Controlled Releases

Season's greetings Glenystasmania!!!!
A little gift for my faraway BC friend all the way on the other side of the world. I decided to send you a little BC holiday cheer your way!
I noticed that you like Maeve Binchy books, so I decided to send you this one. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!!!

Journal Entry 3 by glenystasmania from Richmond, Tasmania Australia on Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Maeve Binchy is one of my favourite authors, I am really looking forward to reading this book.

Journal Entry 4 by glenystasmania from Richmond, Tasmania Australia on Friday, October 30, 2009
Simply loved this book, I started it last night and finished it off this morning, I just loved the characters, and the way their stories developed I found that I laughed, I cried, was frustrated with Fiona, (silly girl!) and amazed by Vonni. I breathed a sigh of relief when the stranger walked up the hill to the taverna in the last couple of pages, and reached for the tissues...
Thanks to Canadian Babe for sending me this book, I am now about to send it on to a friend of mine in WA (West Australia) that I stayed with when on holiday as I am sure she will love it too.

Journal Entry 5 by glenystasmania at Mount Richon, Western Australia Australia on Monday, November 02, 2009

Released 9 yrs ago (11/2/2009 UTC) at Mount Richon, Western Australia Australia

I hope you enjoy this one as much as I did.

Journal Entry 6 by ULQ-594359 on Sunday, November 15, 2009
I'm a fan of Maeve Binchy so just know I will love this book!

Journal Entry 7 by ULQ-594359 at Hillside Garden Village in Armadale, Western Australia Australia on Friday, November 27, 2009

Released 9 yrs ago (11/27/2009 UTC) at Hillside Garden Village in Armadale, Western Australia Australia

I really enjoyed this story and how the characters were involved with each other. There were times, though, I would
have loved to give them a bit of a shaking to "open their eyes"!!!
I hope the next reader enjoys it, too.