Lucy Talk

by F. Walker | Women's Fiction |
ISBN: 034076788x Global Overview for this book
Registered by lemurkat of Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on 9/26/2009
Journal Entry 1 by lemurkat from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Saturday, September 26, 2009
A fun, girly read written entirely in letters.

Journal Entry 2 by futurecat from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Sunday, September 27, 2009
Picked up at yesterday's meetup.

v

Journal Entry 3 by futurecat from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Saturday, October 03, 2009
I've always been a sucker for epistolary novels, so when lemurkat said this was written in letters, I had to give it a go. The character of Lucy annoyed me at first - she seemed so incredibly dim! But eventually I got drawn into the story, and ended up quite enjoying it.

The random documents from Lucy's computer and "letters" to Greg she wrote and immediately destroyed seemed like a bit of a cheat on the author's part, but otherwise the format worked well, especially the occasional glimpses at other characters' points of view. And even though I saw the final email coming from miles off, it still made me smile.

v

Journal Entry 4 by futurecat at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (10/13/2009 UTC) at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand

Given to MarcieNZ at tonight's meetup.

v

Journal Entry 5 by marcienz from Kimbell, Canterbury New Zealand on Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Caught at the Cafe Bleu. My sister Lucy often had comments about talking on her school reports so nice to see that used as a book title.

Journal Entry 6 by marcienz from Kimbell, Canterbury New Zealand on Monday, January 04, 2010
I enjoyed reading this book. I'll be sending it off to my sister Lucy for her birthday.

Journal Entry 7 by marcienz at Raetihi, Manawatu-Wanganui New Zealand on Saturday, February 13, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (2/10/2010 UTC) at Raetihi, Manawatu-Wanganui New Zealand

Posted to my sister for her birthday.

Journal Entry 8 by Raetihi-Rocks from Raetihi, Manawatu-Wanganui New Zealand on Monday, February 15, 2010
Got given it for my birthday cos my name is also Lucy. It was ok but a bit predictable. I might just be grumpy though cos I read it instead of doing housework and now feel guilty!

Journal Entry 9 by Raetihi-Rocks at Top 10 Holiday Park in Ohakune, Manawatu-Wanganui New Zealand on Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (2/17/2010 UTC) at Top 10 Holiday Park in Ohakune, Manawatu-Wanganui New Zealand

New to bookcrossing, so not too sure what to do, but I'll drop it into the Top 10 holiday park.