The Book of the Dead (Pendergast, Book 7)

by Douglas Preston, Lincoln Child | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by carlissa of Gainesville, Florida USA on 9/17/2009
Journal Entry 1 by carlissa from Gainesville, Florida USA on Thursday, September 17, 2009
From the back cover:

A brilliant FBI agent, rotting away in a high security prison for a murder he did not commit...

His brilliant, psychotic brother, about to perpetrate a horrific crime...

A young woman with an extraordinary past, on the edge of a violent breakdown...

An ancient Egyptian tomb an enigmatic curse, about to be unveiled at a celebrity-studded New York gala...

The Book of the Dead

Memento Mori

------------

reserved for winner of the Happy Day Rabck contest.

Journal Entry 2 by carlissa at RABCK, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, September 19, 2009

Released 11 yrs ago (9/18/2009 UTC) at RABCK, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases

mailed to the winner of the Happy Day Rabck contest - Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by oldreader from Citrus Heights, California USA on Monday, September 21, 2009
came today as part of the Happy Day Rabck.thanks

Journal Entry 4 by oldreader from Citrus Heights, California USA on Sunday, February 28, 2010
very good read.rec'd 2 for the Happy day rabck.

Journal Entry 5 by oldreader at Controlled Release, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases on Monday, April 19, 2010

Released 11 yrs ago (4/19/2010 UTC) at Controlled Release, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

you have found a bookcrossing book.This is a free site that tracks the books as they travel.Please journal this when you find it and after reading.
You may remain anonymous.

happy day

Journal Entry 6 by wingbooklady331wing from Cape Coral, Florida USA on Monday, April 26, 2010
Thank you very much, Oldreader, for sending me this RABCK. Not one book, but 5. Wow, how generous. I have already read this book and loved it. I love these authors. I will save this book for an Already Book Crossed bookbox. Thank you again, my friend. You, too, carlissa.

Enjoy!

Journal Entry 8 by 4thEstate at Montclair, New Jersey USA on Sunday, April 03, 2011
Pulled this from the Already Been Crossed (ABC) Bookbox.

Journal Entry 9 by 4thEstate at Montclair, New Jersey USA on Tuesday, May 03, 2011
Wow. Well. How to describe this one? It's got the plots of two novels packed into one, for starters.

Finished this a day or so ago. It's a pretty good read - I was basically hooked from the opening scene with the pulverized diamonds. Nora Kelly and Bill Smithback are cool characters, and I would have liked to have seen more of them. Wicherly's a smug little twit - but you can't help but feel a twinge of regret over what happens to him.

But the relationship between Constance and Pendergast (and Diogenes) - it's pretty complicated. And Constance is a pretty complicated character herself. On one hand, she seems like this delicate, distant girl from another era - after all, you don't see many young women wearing pinafores and crinolines anymore, as one chapter has her wearing.
But on the other, she is out to get rid of Diogenes once and for all, and she won't stop until he's dead. It's almost like something out of "Kill Bill," vaguely.

I think the novel went on a few chapters longer than necessary - perhaps it could have cut off not too long after the tomb trap was defused at the museum. But it was still a pretty good book - I might have to check other books in the series out.