Julie and Julia: My Year of Cooking Dangerously

by Julie Powell | Cooking, Food & Wine |
Registered by katiesmama of Cape Coral, Florida USA on 9/15/2009
Journal Entry 1 by katiesmama from Cape Coral, Florida USA on Tuesday, September 15, 2009
How could I pass this up.....I loved the movie and went looking for the book the next day. Also found the companion book right next to it, My Life in France.

Journal Entry 2 by katiesmama at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Saturday, October 17, 2015
Ahh, what to say. This is one of those rare times when I liked the movie so much better than the book. I must add though that I loved the Julia Child book I read, My Life in France. Somewhere on these overloaded shelves I have her biography, in hardcover!! to read. But Ms. Powell, *sigh*just doesn't do it for me. I have given it 7 stars more for the subject content than the author.
However, with that being said, it's my "J" book for the ABC Bookring started by Iwillrejoice. So off it goes, and maybe, hopefully, on to a reader who will care for this book more than I did.

Journal Entry 3 by wingSouthernfryedwing at Lexington, South Carolina USA on Wednesday, October 21, 2015
I chose this book from the "J" bookring because I read MY LIFE IN FRANCE and loved it. I hope I'm not disappointed. Thanks katiesmama!

3/4/2017
I have a couple of confessions: 1) I haven't seen the movie. 2) I'm not a cook. I cook if I have to and I don't have to because I am married to a man that loves to cook. There is a big difference in cooking because you have to and cooking because you enjoy it.
For some reason books like this fall into my hands and I usually read them (Under the Tuscan Sun, My Life in France, Garlic and Saphires) Some I enjoy, some not so much. This one, not so much. Julie had just enough weird friends and drama in her life to keep me reading-but barely. I pushed myself to finish the last 100 pages and even at that, I stretched it out way longer than I should have. Books of this nature, surely don't need all the bad language.

Journal Entry 4 by wingSouthernfryedwing at Virginia Hilton Park in Lexington, South Carolina USA on Sunday, August 26, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (8/26/2018 UTC) at Virginia Hilton Park in Lexington, South Carolina USA

left in the unofficial little free library