The Girls' Guide to Hunting and Fishing

by Melissa Bank | Women's Fiction |
Registered by rem_OIN-713485 on 9/14/2009
Journal Entry 1 by rem_OIN-713485 on Monday, September 14, 2009
"When her elder brother brings his first serious girlfriend home, Jane becomes a sometimes invisible but unblinking observer.

"Watching the love affair evolve, Jane struggles to understand what goes on between lovers, and how relationships work - and fail to work. Then, in adulthood, Jane has her own push-and-pull relationships, and the lessons in love are just as bewildering: the disastrous trip which teachers her about fidelity, the older man whose demands are exacting, and the younger guy who always calls her honey but never uses her real name. In the book's hilarious climax, after misguidedly following the advice from a staggeringly earnest manual called 'How to Meet and Marry Mr Right', Jane finally learns that in love there is neither pattern nor promise and there are never rules.

"Melissa Bank's fiction is the spirited marriage of Helen Fielding and Lorrie Moore; her voice is fresh and witty, and her characters true and honest. 'The Girls' Guide to Hunting and Fishing' is a clever, funny, moving and sparkling portrait of Jane, a woman manoeuvring her way through love, sex and relationships, and learning when to fish...and when to cut bait."

Journal Entry 2 by rem_OIN-713485 on Wednesday, September 16, 2009
It started OK, but I ended up getting really, really bored with it. I don't think I'm a big fan of chick lit, and while this was something along the lines of 'A Bride Stripped Bare' (I didn't like that either) - I gave it up after struggling through 3/4 of it.

I am sure someone will enjoy it though, so I hope to send it on its BCing way.

Journal Entry 3 by rem_OIN-713485 at Bangalow Showground in Bangalow, New South Wales Australia on Saturday, October 24, 2009

Released 14 yrs ago (10/24/2009 UTC) at Bangalow Showground in Bangalow, New South Wales Australia

It's the Bangalow Markets, and an ideal time to wild release some books to new homes, and hopefully, start new adventures for them. I will leave somewhere outside...in the showground...somewhere.