Friend Diary #1

Registered by LadyGothic of Warner Robins, Georgia USA on 6/12/2003
Journal Entry 1 by LadyGothic from Warner Robins, Georgia USA on Thursday, June 12, 2003
Thanks to Moem for allowing me to snitch this logo from her bookshelf for my project!

I'm going to send this out on Canada Day, hopefully it shall be fun for everyone involved. I'll send directly to a 'mystery' book crosser to add their 2 cents and send it along secretly again!
I just ask NOT to wild release this diary.
Play, laugh, share ... just when it's full,message me for my postal address so it can make it's way home :)

Journal Entry 2 by LadyGothic at -- Controlled Release in Brampton, Ontario Canada on Sunday, June 29, 2003
Release planned for Tuesday, July 01, 2003 at another bookcrosser by mail in Brampton, Ontario Canada.

Beginning my travels...

Journal Entry 3 by yvi-1 on Monday, July 07, 2003
Received today from LadyGothic. It was a surprise! I had no idea I was getting it.

Journal Entry 4 by yvi-1 at fellow bookcrosser in Hollywood, Florida USA on Monday, July 07, 2003
Released on Monday, July 07, 2003 at fellow bookcrosser in Hollywood, Florida USA.

I am going to meet with a bookcrosser from California tonight and give her a book, I will give her the diary with it! I hope it will be a surprise for her as well.

Journal Entry 5 by vraciousrdr from Vista, California USA on Tuesday, July 29, 2003
How lame am I? The journal was given to my by yvi-1 when we meet for dinner earlier this month. Unfortunately my schedule has been quite busy and I hadn't had time to read it until just now. And what do I find? A bCID! Oh my! I can't believe I didn't realize that even this journal would have a BCID, duh. :) Now the hardest part is to determine how witty I will appear in the journal as well as what bcer will I suprise with it. :)

Journal Entry 6 by vraciousrdr at on Sunday, August 10, 2003
Release planned for Monday, August 11, 2003 at Bookcrosser's home in postal release, postal release USA.

Sadly, I've had this friend diary for over a month, one would have thought my entry would be spectacular but alas it's mundane. Nevertheless I am sending this off to another bcer as a surprise.

Journal Entry 7 by pgetrnr from Macomb, Michigan USA on Monday, August 25, 2003
This came to me in a RABK package of books sent by vraciousrdr to commemorate my one year anniversary with BC.

When the brain gets a witty or wise thought I will jot it down and pass it on as surprise to a fellow BCer.

Journal Entry 8 by pgetrnr from Macomb, Michigan USA on Wednesday, March 31, 2004
Finally remembered that I had this. Added some words of wisdom (?) and sent it on to lisaxii.

Journal Entry 9 by lisaxiii from Pleasanton, California USA on Tuesday, April 06, 2004
Received this journal in the mail today. I'll try to think of something witty to add :-)

Journal Entry 10 by lisaxiii from Pleasanton, California USA on Tuesday, April 13, 2004
Gave to booklover at tonight's meet-up.

Journal Entry 11 by booklover on Tuesday, April 13, 2004
I received this book from a fellow bookcrosser at our meeting tonight in Pleasanton, CA. I look forward to reading the diary and then adding to it. I have noticed a cigarette/smoke scent and skimmed through the diary enough to realize that it comes from at least one household with cats. Unfortunately those are two of my allergies, so I will have to be quick about reading, writing and releasing to another bookcrosser. If you want it next, please PM me...booklover.

Journal Entry 12 by booklover on Monday, May 17, 2004
ottawabill has PM'd regarding the Friends Journal. It's packaged and ready to send.

Journal Entry 13 by booklover at Post Office on Village Parkway in San Ramon, California USA on Sunday, May 23, 2004
Released on Sunday, May 23, 2004 at Post Office on Village Parkway in San Ramon, California USA.

This journal will be sent to ottawabill. I enjoyed reading the comments from others. Maybe the "journal Mom" will post some excerpts when the journal is done making its rounds visiting friends?

Journal Entry 14 by ottawabill from Ottawa, Ontario Canada on Sunday, June 20, 2004
This journal arrived in my mailbox in the midst of a hectic week...so crazy a week I have forgotten precisely which day it arrived :-( but only a few days ago.

However, I was just quieting myself tonight before bed and was about to spend some time reading forum entries when I remebered the journal and thought....now is the perfect time to do your entry and then send it off tomrrow in the mail to the next person. So that I shall do right now.

Journal Entry 15 by ottawabill at on Sunday, June 20, 2004
Released on Sunday, June 20, 2004 at another bookcrosser in a controlled release, n/a Controlled Releases.

I've just finished my comments in the journal. Tommorrow I will buy some maple syrup to send to bookcrossers in England, Australia, and elsewhere in Canada. I will include the book in one of the two overseas packages....but which one? You will have to stay tuned for that......

Journal Entry 16 by ottawabill at on Tuesday, June 22, 2004
Release planned for Wednesday, June 23, 2004 at another bookcrosser in a controlled release, n/a Controlled Releases.

This will go in the mail today to Australia along with a package of maple syrup and other maple treats.

Journal Entry 17 by libertine101 from Perth City, Western Australia Australia on Monday, August 23, 2004
Got it! And all the Maple treats!! :D Goody!! Thank you OttawaBill! I really enjoyed reading the entries and looking at the pix. This is the first BC Journal that has fallen into my hands. Woo hoo! I shall be doing my entry soon and passing it on to another BCer.

Journal Entry 18 by libertine101 from Perth City, Western Australia Australia on Thursday, August 26, 2004
I have done my entry and have posted this off to boreal in New Zealand :)

Journal Entry 19 by boreal from Dunedin, Otago New Zealand on Sunday, August 29, 2004
This arrived in the mail today from the wonderful Libertine101 -thanks for thinking of me.
I wonder what I will write ....
And more importantly where will I send it next?

Journal Entry 20 by boreal from Dunedin, Otago New Zealand on Sunday, September 05, 2004
I have done my bit and have added this to a parcel posted out this morning.
Enjoy!

Journal Entry 21 by Sherlockfan from Upper Hutt, Wellington Province New Zealand on Wednesday, September 08, 2004
Arrived with me yesterday, September 8th. Pretty fast going from Dunedin in the South Island to Wellington in the North. My first BC journal and most interesting I've found it. What a lot of cat lovers! Good to start getting a real perspective on some places on the other side of the world.
Lovely to see scrapbookers amongst us too.
I've read it right through three times already trying to get a real feel for you all, and decide what/how I want to write.
Thanks for thinking of me Boreal.

Journal Entry 22 by Sherlockfan from Upper Hutt, Wellington Province New Zealand on Thursday, September 30, 2004
Sorry it has taken so long to get this moving again. I was waiting for a 'good' book to send it with, to surprise someone else as I was surprised.
Now that it will accompany "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime" to Crimson-tide I think it has a worthy companion. And with LadyGothic's lipsticked dog as a frontispiece in the diary what could be more appropriate.
I've written a bit about me, my interests and hobbies, and a tiny bit about my beloved Wellington City with a photo of one of the areas where I like to release books in the wild.
I've also included what is almost a signature photo - the Sherlock Holmes Museum at 221 Baker Street, London - taken an a wonderful recent visit.
Good luck to future participants.

Posting today.

Journal Entry 23 by wingcrimson-tidewing from Balingup, Western Australia Australia on Wednesday, October 13, 2004
This lovely surprise arrived in my post box yesterday along with a Book Ring book. I have been away for a few days so it was waiting for me at home this evening. This is my first BC Journal, and I am very excited and feel very honoured to be a part of it . . . what a fantastic idea. Thanks to Sherlockfan for thinking of me.

Journal Entry 24 by wingcrimson-tidewing from Balingup, Western Australia Australia on Sunday, November 14, 2004
This has taken me longer than intended, but now is finally done. I have waffled on about my little hometown of Balingup and our own little piece of paradise here. Spent ages deciding on some good representative photos to include.
Now will be posted off tomorrow to another mystery bookcrosser. Enjoy.

Journal Entry 25 by emmafiles from Murrumba Downs, Queensland Australia on Tuesday, November 23, 2004
I feel very special to have recieved this book in a bag full of others sent by my friend crimson-tide.
I will read it and add to it soon.

Journal Entry 26 by emmafiles from Murrumba Downs, Queensland Australia on Wednesday, December 01, 2004
Had a great time reading this and adding to it. I must warn you that my entry is a bit wacky - reflecting my tired and busy state of mind at the moment! I added a picture of a vulture! Why? Well, I saw it and it seemed wacky and appropriate.

I am sending this journal as part of a secret santa gift. Not sure if the recipient will open the gift before Christmas - lets hope so!

Journal Entry 27 by Lijay from Belfast, Co. Antrim United Kingdom on Friday, December 31, 2004
This was given to me as a double whammy festive gift. I am off work for a few days so it will be a good time to read and absorb. My husband has already had a quick peek and was impressed by all the cats I will definately include George in my entry.