The Beach

by Alex Garland | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by JoolsW of Haworth, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on 9/7/2009
Journal Entry 1 by JoolsW from Haworth, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Monday, September 7, 2009
Back cover description:

"Bangkok - first stop on the backpacker trail. On Richard's first night in a hostel a mysterious traveller slits his own wrists, leaving Richard a map to 'The Beach'.

The Beach is a legend among young travellers in Thailand: a secret island paradise where a select community lives in blissful isolation. Richard sets out in search of adventure, but finds that The Beach is not what it seems. Paradise comes at a price."

Registered for release.

Released 11 yrs ago (10/25/2009 UTC) at -- Controlled Release, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Posted to a fellow Bookcrosser, by request.

Happy Bookcrossing - hope you enjoy the book : )

Journal Entry 3 by whateverman from Letchworth Garden City, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Going to read, review and release soon!

Journal Entry 4 by whateverman from Letchworth Garden City, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Monday, November 23, 2009
Being a film buff I'd heard of the film before the book. But the film never interested me untill i read the book. The book is brilliant and actually made me want to go to Thailand and find my own beach to live on. The film on the other hand is rubbish and if I had seen it first I wouldn't have wanted to read the book.

My wife is going to read this before I release it.