In the Company of Cheerful Ladies (No 1 Ladies Detective Agency 6)
2 journalers for this copy...
"Precious Ramotswe, that cheerful Botswanan private investigator of 'traditional build', is well-known to millions across the world through the best-selling No.1 Ladies' Detective Agency series. Those who have been following her exploits in five previously published novels will soon be able to savour the next instalment, in which, as usual, circumstances are never as straightforward as they seem and events take a more than unexpected turn. Precious Ramotswe, is now married to Mr J.L.B. Matekoni, of Tlokweng Road Speedy Motors. The Agency is busy, but Mma Ramotswe cannot ignore the plea which is made to her by a woman who comes to her with a tale of particular misfortune. Unfortunately, her attempts to help are interrupted by a close encounter between her tiny white van and a bicycle, and by a spectacular disagreement between her assistant, Mma Makutsi, and one of the apprentices at the garage. This apprentice has found a fancy girlfriend who drives a large silver Mercedes-Benz. How can he be rescued from his folly? And as for Mma Makutsi, she has found a dancing class, and a man who may not be able to dance very well but who admires her greatly." www.fantasticfiction.co.uk
I have decided to share these books as a book spiral as I consider it a shame that such a delightful series just sits on my shelf unread by others.
1. The No.1 Ladies Detective Agency
2. Tears of the Giraffe
3. Morality for Beautiful Girls
4. The Kalahari Typing School for Men
5. The Full Cupboard of Life
6. In the Company of Cheerful Ladies
7. Blue Shoes and Happiness
8. The Good Husband of Zebra Drive
9. The Miracle at Speedy Motors
10. Tea Time for the Traditionally Built
11. The Double Comfort Safari Club
They are all paperbacks of the same size: 12.5cm x 19.5cm x 1.5cm, 231g
I list my bookrings at The Bookring Directory!
This book is travelling though the spiral is open to new members.
1. When you recieve the book please make a journal entry to let everyone know that it has arrived safely.
2. Read the book as quick as you can (hopefully within 4 weeks). Please put it ahead of any other books, except other bookrings/rays that arrived first. A person who holds up a book may be left out for the remaining books.
3. Please make a journal entry to let everyone know what you thought of the book.
4. When you are nearing the end of the book, pm the next person on the list for their address. Do not send the book unless he/she has passed on the previous book. No one person should be in possesion of more than one book at a time. You will also need to contact the person before you in the list for the next book to ask them to send it to you.
5. Make a journal entry when you have posted the book to show that it is travelling.
Participants so far: The order may change as new members join.
So far it is looking like this:
YellowBow - Portugal (Europe)
Jonniboi - UK (UK)
back to me to ship to US
sunfi US (Itnl)- book back to me
CONTROLLED RELEASE NOTES:
Posted to nediamnori87 to continue the spiral.
Thank you again I look forward to the next one!