The Full Cupboard of Life (No.1 Ladies' Detective Agency)

by Alexander McCall Smith | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 034911725x Global Overview for this book
Registered by bookowl1000 of Foshan, Guangdong China on 9/6/2009
Journal Entry 1 by bookowl1000 from Foshan, Guangdong China on Sunday, September 06, 2009
Book 5 in the No.1 Ladies' Detective Agency series.

Mma Ramotswe is still engaged to Mr J.L.B. Matekoni. She wonders when a day for the wedding will be named, but she is anxious to avoid putting too much pressure on her fiance. For he has other things on his mind - notably a frightening request made of him by Mma Potokwani.

Journal Entry 2 by bookowl1000 from Foshan, Guangdong China on Tuesday, September 08, 2009
I have decided to share these books as a book spiral as I consider it a shame that such a delightful series just sits on my shelf unread by others.

1. The No.1 Ladies Detective Agency
8. The Good Husband of Zebra Drive
9. The Miracle at Speedy Motors
10. Tea Time for the Traditionally Built
11. The Double Comfort Safari Club

Journal Entry 3 by bookowl1000 from Foshan, Guangdong China on Tuesday, September 08, 2009
I list my bookrings at The Bookring Directory!

This book spiral is in the process of being organised and is open to new members.

1. When you recieve the book please make a journal entry to let everyone know that it has arrived safely.

2. Read the book as quick as you can (hopefully within 4 weeks). Please put it ahead of any other books, except other bookrings/rays that arrived first. A person who holds up a book may be left out for the remaining books.

3. Please make a journal entry to let everyone know what you thought of the book.

4. When you are nearing the end of the book, pm the next person on the list for their address. Do not send the book unless he/she has passed on the previous book. No one person should be in possesion of more than one book at a time. You will also need to contact the person before you in the list for the next book to ask them to send it to you.

5. Make a journal entry when you have posted the book to show that it is travelling.

Participants so far: The order may change as new members join.

So far it is looking like this:

nediamnori87 UK(Itnl)
YellowBow - Portugal (Europe)
Jonniboi - UK (UK)
back to me to ship to US
wamstreet US to US
sunfi US (Itnl)- book back to me

Journal Entry 4 by bookowl1000 at Chepstow, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, December 05, 2009

Released 9 yrs ago (12/7/2009 UTC) at Chepstow, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

Sent to nediamnori87 to continue the spiral.

Enjoy!

Journal Entry 5 by nediamnori87 from St Andrews, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, December 12, 2009
I received this a few days ago but I've not had a computer at home (power cable problems). Thank you for sending me the book I've already started it!

Journal Entry 6 by nediamnori87 from St Andrews, Scotland United Kingdom on Sunday, December 13, 2009
I really enjoyed this again it was a nice quick read although I wasn't too happy on the conclusion to the investigation. I really like the way that Botswanan life is described and how morally upright the characters are. Thank you again for sharing.

Journal Entry 7 by bookowl1000 at Chepstow, Wales United Kingdom on Friday, May 27, 2011
The is book now has a replacement to continue the spiral.