Morality for Beautiful Girls (No.1 Ladies' Detective Agency)

by Alexander McCall Smith | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by bookowl1000 of Foshan, Guangdong China on 9/6/2009
Journal Entry 1 by bookowl1000 from Foshan, Guangdong China on Sunday, September 06, 2009
Book 3 in the No.1 Ladies' Detective Agency series

""The No 1 Ladies' Detective Agency" introduced the engaging and sassy owner of Botswana's only detective agency, Precious Ramotswe. This latest novel finds her expanding her business to take in the world of car repair and a beauty pageant." www.fantasticfiction.co.uk

Journal Entry 2 by bookowl1000 from Foshan, Guangdong China on Tuesday, September 08, 2009
I have decided to share these books as a book spiral as I consider it a shame that such a delightful series just sits on my shelf unread by others.

1. The No.1 Ladies Detective Agency
11. The Double Comfort Safari Club
12. The Saturday Big Tent Party
13. The Limpopo Academy of Private Detection

They are all paperbacks of the same size: 12.5cm x 19.5cm x 1.5cm, 231g

Journal Entry 3 by bookowl1000 from Foshan, Guangdong China on Monday, September 28, 2009
I list my bookrings at The Bookring Directory!

This book spiral is in the process of being organised and is open to new members.

1. When you recieve the book please make a journal entry to let everyone know that it has arrived safely.

2. Read the book as quick as you can (hopefully within 4 weeks). Please put it ahead of any other books, except other bookrings/rays that arrived first. A person who holds up a book may be left out for the remaining books.

3. Please make a journal entry to let everyone know what you thought of the book.

4. When you are nearing the end of the book, pm the next person on the list for their address. Do not send the book unless he/she has passed on the previous book. No one person should be in possesion of more than one book at a time. You will also need to contact the person before you in the list for the next book to ask them to send it to you.

5. Make a journal entry when you have posted the book to show that it is travelling.

Participants so far: The order may change as new members join.

So far it is looking like this:

nediamnori87 UK(Itnl)
YellowBow - Portugal (Europe)
Jonniboi - UK (UK)
wamstreet - NA

27 May 2011: New ring soon to start (still open):
sunfi US (Itnl) - book here
wal-89 UK (UK/EUR) (asked to be skipped for this one as borrowing a copy of this one)
Appelsiini Finland (Itnl)
lunatum Finland (Itnl)
back to me bookowl1000 in China

NMReader US (US only) to join starting at Full Cupboard of Life

Journal Entry 4 by bookowl1000 at a bookring, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases on Monday, September 28, 2009

Released 9 yrs ago (9/28/2009 UTC) at a bookring, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

Mailed to nediamnori87 to continue the spiral.

Enjoy!

Journal Entry 5 by nediamnori87 from St Andrews, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Book arrived today. Thank you very much, will read it soon!

Journal Entry 6 by nediamnori87 from St Andrews, Scotland United Kingdom on Wednesday, October 14, 2009
I'm enjoying the series mostly because of the ease of which they can be read. The stories are nice and give you that warm feeling that everything is resolved at the end of them. I particularly like the way that you get lots of mini stories in one as such but it still comes together as a singular story.

Thank you again bookowl1000 will send this on after the 2nd book has been sent off.

Journal Entry 7 by nediamnori87 at St Andrews, Scotland United Kingdom on Sunday, December 13, 2009

Released 9 yrs ago (12/14/2009 UTC) at St Andrews, Scotland United Kingdom

Sent off to the next reader

Journal Entry 8 by YellowBow from Fleet, Hampshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Has arrived :) It was a long trip! :)
Thanks I'll read soon :)

Journal Entry 9 by bookowl1000 at Chepstow, Wales United Kingdom on Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (4/1/2010 UTC) at Chepstow, Wales United Kingdom

clicked on the wrong link - I meant to journal the second book. Thanks for telling me Yellowbow.

Journal Entry 10 by Jonniboi from Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Thursday, April 01, 2010
received this today, I have a few other bookrings/rays to read before hand, but I sooooooo cannot wait to get round to this one!

Journal Entry 11 by Jonniboi from Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Friday, April 09, 2010
I enjoyed this, but I think there was few detectiveness going on, there was only 3 things to do and only 2 which was hard and made it more enjoyable, but I miss the constant rapid problems that got sent their way in the first book, I sure hope that the ones after this one get better, I'm still really looking forward for the next book.

I shall send this out sometime, maybe in may when I have more money! But may be a little bit earlier!

Journal Entry 12 by Jonniboi at controlled release, a controlled release -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (5/5/2010 UTC) at controlled release, a controlled release -- Controlled Releases

sent back to bookowl1000 to send overseas!

Journal Entry 13 by bookowl1000 from Foshan, Guangdong China on Monday, May 10, 2010
Has arrived safely. It will be staying with me for the moment as I have been having difficulty contacting wamstreet. The last I heard from her was when she said she was about to send on the first book but has not.

Update 15 May 2010: Sadly, wamstreet has passed away after an extended illness. I will keep this book until sunfi has caught up with the previous two.

Journal Entry 14 by bookowl1000 at Chepstow, Wales United Kingdom on Saturday, June 04, 2011

Released 8 yrs ago (6/4/2011 UTC) at Chepstow, Wales United Kingdom

Posted to sunfi to continue the ray.

This has probably arrived way later than the original plan of end of June. That is because I was planning on sending them airmail, however Royal Mail has recently put up all their prices so airmail is now 4 times the price of surface mail - was in shock when the postmaster gave me a price for something else!

Anyway, enjoy your reading.

Journal Entry 15 by sunfi at Alexandria, Virginia USA on Sunday, August 21, 2011
I've finally arrived in VA (after a bit of a delay) and the books were waiting patiently for me. I'm traveling this week, but I hope to start the this one this week. Bookowl1000, thanks for mailing these to me and including the great postcard and bookmark. I will try to have them on my way as soon as I can.

Update: 30 Sep 11 - Just finished this one this morning. I've contacted the next in line for their mailing address and as soon as I have that I'll be able to pass this one on. I'm sorry for the delay. Things have been crazy since the move and the start of the new job, I hope things settle down here soon. I'm starting the next book right away and hope to have it on its way in the next couple weeks, I hate to hold up rings (and books).

Journal Entry 16 by sunfi at Alexandria, Virginia USA on Friday, October 07, 2011

Released 7 yrs ago (10/7/2011 UTC) at Alexandria, Virginia USA

This is on its way to Finland, it should arrive in the next 10 days. Thanks again for sharing this with me, sorry I've had it for so long.

Journal Entry 17 by Appelsiini at Valkeakoski, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Wednesday, October 12, 2011
This one arrived today! :) Thanks!

Journal Entry 18 by Appelsiini at Valkeakoski, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Sunday, January 01, 2012
Happy New BookcrossingYear! :) I finished this one on my X-mas holiday and it truly was perfect holiday reading! Thanks for sharing this book, I'll mail it to lunatum tomorrow.

Journal Entry 19 by Appelsiini at Valkeakoski, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Sunday, January 01, 2012

Released 7 yrs ago (1/2/2012 UTC) at Valkeakoski, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland

On its way to North!

Journal Entry 20 by lunatum at Savukoski, Lappi / Lappland Finland on Wednesday, January 04, 2012
The boo, arrived today. I' really looking forward to read this, because I enjoyed the previous books very much. I have two ring/ray books ahead of this one.

Journal Entry 21 by lunatum at Savukoski, Lappi / Lappland Finland on Tuesday, January 10, 2012
I just love these books! Last night I read book, then I tried to sleep, then I read again and then I tried to sleep and so on... It was like that until 4 a,m., when I fell asleep. And children and I woke up at 7 a. m., so I didn't get much sleep. I'm really looking forward to get next book!

I'll send this book back home this week. Thank you for sharing these with us!

Journal Entry 22 by lunatum at Savukoski, Lappi / Lappland Finland on Thursday, January 12, 2012

Released 7 yrs ago (1/12/2012 UTC) at Savukoski, Lappi / Lappland Finland

Sent this back to China.

Journal Entry 23 by bookowl1000 at Foshan, Guangdong China on Sunday, February 05, 2012
Thanks for sending this back to me.

It was lovely to find such a colourful package in my mail box...and chocolate too! I will be saving that for a special occasion as good chocolate is not easy to come by here.

Many thanks.

I am glad that people are enjoying the series.
The books have certainly been on some interesting travels.

Journal Entry 24 by NIEC at Foshan, Guangdong China on Friday, February 10, 2012
This book is being lent to the school library.

Take good care of the book and put it back on the shelf when you have finished so that others may borrow it.

Why not help build up a journal about the book and its travels.

Where has it been?
What did you think of it?