A Short History of Tractors in Ukrainian

by Marina Lewycka, | Humor |
ISBN: 9780141020525 Global Overview for this book
Registered by contraforsa of Athens - Αθήνα, Attica Greece on 9/5/2009
Journal Entry 1 by contraforsa from Athens - Αθήνα, Attica Greece on Saturday, September 05, 2009
The daughters of an 85-year old UK-citizen, who was actually an immigrant from Ukraine, but has been living in the UK for many decades, are totally shocked when their father decides to marry Valentina, a Ukranian beauty. The situation turns out quite interesting when Valentina does succed in marrying their father...
A very nice book, which with its funny, messy plot presents various aspects and levels of being a foreigner. Loved reading it! It is now on its way to its next reader!

Journal Entry 2 by contraforsa at Virtual Intercultural Bookbox, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Released 9 yrs ago (9/6/2009 UTC) at Virtual Intercultural Bookbox, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

SORRY, SORRY, SORRY, SORRY, SORRY, SORRY, SORRY, SORRY, SORRY for having delayed this one that much. The book itself however is quite special and I think it will make up for my delay! Thank you for participating in the IVBB, have fun with the book!

Journal Entry 3 by wingjumpinginwing from Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Tuesday, September 15, 2009
The book arrived today. I'm thrilled--I was hoping this is what it would turn out to be when I chose it.

Absolutely NO PROBLEM about the delay. I'm knee-deep in books here!

Thanks so much for sending this to me, and for the gorgeous postcard.

Journal Entry 4 by wingjumpinginwing at Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Tuesday, May 31, 2011
This story is sad, touching, and funny all at the same time. The characters are very well done.

Bloedengel has chosen this from the Global Villages VBB. Canadian postal workers gave strike notice yesterday and can go on strike later this week. I'm going to wait a few days to see what happens before I put this in the mail.

Journal Entry 5 by wingjumpinginwing at Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Thursday, June 30, 2011

Released 7 yrs ago (6/29/2011 UTC) at Vancouver, British Columbia Canada

Sent by surface mail to Bloedengel today. Hooray! The mail is moving again!

Journal Entry 6 by wingbloedengelwing at Turnhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Saturday, August 20, 2011
Moved indeed and ... it reached me. How cool is that.
I really look forwarding to reading this.
I did let mtbr get out of hand, but I'm a quick reader :)

Journal Entry 7 by wingbloedengelwing at Turnhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Monday, September 03, 2012
A very funny book. Sometimes she lost me in her description of the dad, and sometimes I thought her turn of plot wasn't the best she could have picked, but overall an enjoyable and interesting book.
I chose this one as a RABCK to remember Oppem, because it was on the wishlist of someone who sent me one of her books to remember her as a RABCK, so this is the boomerang-remembrance-book. What an extraordinary book !

Journal Entry 8 by wingbloedengelwing at Turnhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Monday, September 03, 2012

Released 6 yrs ago (9/3/2012 UTC) at Turnhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium

Off you go , to Sweden, little book-ie !

Journal Entry 9 by Elskaliam at Hässleholm, Skåne Sweden on Wednesday, September 12, 2012
Thank you so much my dear friend! You are so sweet! And thank you for the great tea as well! :-)