Practical Demonkeeping: A Comedy of Horrors

by Christopher Moore | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
ISBN: 0312070691 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingghirwing of Honolulu, Hawaii USA on 9/5/2009
Journal Entry 1 by wingghirwing from Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Saturday, September 5, 2009
Extra copy.

Reserved for eastbaybookmisr. Mailed 6/6/10.

Journal Entry 2 by eastbaybookmisr at Oakland, California USA on Thursday, June 10, 2010
Received this safely in the mail today as a RABCK! Thanks!

1992 St. Martin's Press hardcover stated First Edition of the multiple book clubs Selection, debut book by the author, about the strange goings-on of Pine Cove, California. With dust jacket, painting by Darryl Zudeck. The book was bought by Disney Studios, but I don't recall whatever became of the film. This was on my list of the best sf/horror/fantasy novels to read, when I won it last week in a RABCK. I am delighted to get this one, and will soon read and re-release!

Edit October 24, 2012: I wanted to like this a lot more than I actually did. Maybe it is just because I found that the author is, at least then, not a very good writer. So I found some of the situations and characters to be a bit hard to follow at times. But I very much liked the demon character, Catch. And some of the morbid humor is quite good.

Journal Entry 3 by eastbaybookmisr at LFL - Maybelle Ave (3939) #1009 in Oakland, California USA on Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Released 11 yrs ago (10/25/2012 UTC) at LFL - Maybelle Ave (3939) #1009 in Oakland, California USA

... in the box.

And a plug for the next meetup of TriValley BookCrossing group, at Panera Bread in Dublin, the second Tuesday of each month.

Please look her up on Google and YouTube. You can also follow her on Facebook and Instagram, among other platforms.