The Passion

by Jeanette Winterson | Other |
Registered by jonnijones of Tucson, Arizona USA on 6/11/2003
Journal Entry 1 by jonnijones from Tucson, Arizona USA on Wednesday, June 11, 2003
Oh! I love this book. It's a magical tale of Henri, a cook in Napoleon's army and Villanelle, the daughter of a Venetian boatman. I've read it twice and had to give it away before I sat down to re-read it. (There are sooooo many other books out there I need to read)!

I asked a friend of mine if he'd read Winterson's work. His comeback was "Is she a Lesbian?" Well, the answer is yes, she is, but no, her sexual preference has nothing to do with the quality or the interior of her work. Oh, so very sensual. Oh so lovely. Oh so...........

Journal Entry 2 by jonnijones at Postal Release to Fellow BookCrosser in Greenwood Village, Colorado USA on Thursday, November 06, 2003
Released on Thursday, November 06, 2003 at Postal Release to Fellow BookCrosser in Greenwood Village, Colorado USA.

Mailed to rhythmbiscuit in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by rhythmbiscuit from Northglenn, Colorado USA on Wednesday, November 12, 2003
I took this book home from the November Meetup. Thanks, Jonni!

Journal Entry 4 by rhythmbiscuit from Northglenn, Colorado USA on Wednesday, March 22, 2006
Yes, I enjoyed this book. But I'm afraid the artistry of Jeanette Winterson eludes me. It is so poetic that it sort of washes over me, and I feel I must be missing something. Only a few choice morsels stand out.

I will offer this and Boating for Beginners at the next BC meeting in Colorado Springs. I'm participating in the "Keep Them Moving" release challenge, and my word, I've had these books for far too long!

Journal Entry 5 by Snowwfoxx from Fort Worth, Texas USA on Friday, April 21, 2006
Picked up at the BC meeting in Colorado Springs, CO.

Journal Entry 6 by rhythmbiscuit at Fargo Pizza Co. in Colorado Springs, Colorado USA on Friday, April 21, 2006

Released 13 yrs ago (4/20/2006 UTC) at Fargo Pizza Co. in Colorado Springs, Colorado USA

I released this book at the BC meetup held at Fargo's.