What Happens In London

by Julia Quinn | Romance |
Registered by kiki66 of Gauting, Bayern Germany on 9/4/2009
Journal Entry 1 by kiki66 from Gauting, Bayern Germany on Friday, September 04, 2009
Rumors and Gossip . . . The lifeblood of London

When Olivia Bevelstoke is told that her new neighbor may have killed his fiancé, she doesn't believe it for a second, but, still, how can she help spying on him, just to be sure? So she stakes out a spot near her bedroom window, cleverly concealed by curtains, watches, and waits . . . and discovers a most intriguing man, who is definitely up to something.

Sir Harry Valentine works for the boring branch of the War Office, translating documents vital to national security. He's not a spy, but he's had all the training, and when a gorgeous blonde begins to watch him from her window, he is instantly suspicious. But just when he decides that she's nothing more than an annoyingly nosy debutante, he discovers that she might be engaged to a foreign prince, who might be plotting against England. And when Harry is roped into spying on Olivia, he discovers that he might be falling for her himself . . .

Mini-Ring (so far)

1. penelopewanders (CH)
2. kalise (A)
3. Jujuks (P)

Edit: the book went to Switzerland on September 30th!

Journal Entry 2 by penelopewanders from Hasliberg, Bern / Berne Switzerland on Friday, October 09, 2009
This arrived in the rather foggy Alps today - thanks so much for sending! it will wait in line behind a few other rings which are here now, but looks like a very fun, very quick read. Thanks so much!

Journal Entry 3 by penelopewanders from Hasliberg, Bern / Berne Switzerland on Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Here as a ring, a nice little tale which kept me entertained part of my train journey to Paris. Hadn't read a Quinn in a long time - fun and clever dialogue. Color-blind hero, rare and interesting detail. I'll get the next address and try to send from here.

Journal Entry 4 by kalise from St. Florian bei Linz, Oberösterreich Austria on Wednesday, October 28, 2009
received it here in Austria! Thank you penelopewanders for sending it, and Thank You Kiki for sharing!!

Journal Entry 5 by kalise from St. Florian bei Linz, Oberösterreich Austria on Monday, November 09, 2009
Oh, a Julia Quinn is always entertaining! I greatly enjoyed all her previous novels, especially the Bridgerton ones. What's so captivating about Quinn are her well-developed characters, the light banter in her dialogues, and the overall lighthearted atmosphere. Interestingly, many of her novels are kind of plot-less, which I don't notice until the moment that I have to re-tell the story. What actually DID happen in What Happens in London? LOL. Nothing much, other than two characters falling in love between two windows. I thought this last part, this kidnapping part, was a bit un-Quinnish, but well, in the end, nothing much DID happen, after all ... Still, great fun.

PMed the next participant and will try to move this book on ASAP.

Journal Entry 6 by kalise at Linz, Oberösterreich Austria on Friday, November 13, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (11/13/2009 UTC) at Linz, Oberösterreich Austria

Mailed the book on to the next participant today. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 7 by Jujuks on Saturday, November 21, 2009
This book arrived yesterday with two others. Thanks for sending it kalise!

Journal Entry 8 by Jujuks on Sunday, December 06, 2009
This was a very enjoyable book. I've never read a Julia Quinn book before and this one made me want to read more. The story is quite funny and there were parts which I couldn't stop laughing.

I'll send the book out on Monday.

Journal Entry 9 by Jujuks at Gauting, Bayern Germany on Monday, December 07, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (12/7/2009 UTC) at Gauting, Bayern Germany

Thanks for letting me join this mini-ring Kiki!

Journal Entry 10 by kiki66 from Gauting, Bayern Germany on Thursday, December 10, 2009
and home again!

thanks for participating.. till the next time! ;-)

Journal Entry 11 by kiki66 at Gauting, Bayern Germany on Monday, February 14, 2011

Released 8 yrs ago (2/14/2011 UTC) at Gauting, Bayern Germany

hat sich auf den Weg zu entengrütze gemacht...

Viel Spass beim Lesen!

Journal Entry 12 by entengrütze at Düsseldorf, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Friday, February 18, 2011
Hallo Kiki, Buch ist gut angekommen - Danke fürs Leihen & schönes Wochenende!

update: really nice and entertaining read, funny dialogues and interesting characters. thanks for lending this book!

Journal Entry 13 by entengrütze at Düsseldorf, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Friday, June 24, 2011

Released 8 yrs ago (6/24/2011 UTC) at Düsseldorf, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany

it's now on his way back to kiki66

Journal Entry 14 by kiki66 at Gauting, Bayern Germany on Friday, June 24, 2011
und schon ist es wieder zu Hause..

Danke Dir!