The Venus Conspiracy

by Michael Cordy | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by Projekt-X of Kensington and Chelsea, Greater London United Kingdom on 9/3/2009
Journal Entry 1 by Projekt-X from Kensington and Chelsea, Greater London United Kingdom on Thursday, September 03, 2009
How can a drug that makes people fall madly in love be a bad thing? So thinks Professor Bacci when he inadvertently unlocks the biochemical key to falling in love, and develops a drug capable of creating emotions indistinguishable from the real thing. Determined that the world benefits from his discovery, he seeks funding and business advice from a private Swiss bank, owned by the secretive Kappel family. Unknown to Bacci, however, Helmut Kappel sees love as a sickness to be exploited, and has his own plan for abusing the drug's power; a cynical nightmare of breathtaking arrogance far removed from Bacci's naive dream of spreading love around the world. Only two people can stop Kappel's dark vision. One is Professor Bacci's daughter Isabella, a doctor dedicated to saving lives. The other is Kappel's own son and heir, Max, a man raised to feel no emotion and show no pain, a killer apparently incapable of love. But before they confront Kappel they must first confront their feelings for each other. Can love conquer all in a world where even true love can be faked?

Journal Entry 2 by T_richardson_x at Ferndale, Wales United Kingdom on Thursday, December 27, 2018
Finally brought out of storage, moving this over to my new profile!

Released 3 wks ago (1/21/2019 UTC) at Wishlist surprise!, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

Surprise! I hope you enjoy this too!

Journal Entry 4 by Shahrun at Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom on Thursday, January 24, 2019
Wow! What a surprise (so glad I answered the door not my anti-book boyfriend!). Thank you so much for this amazing package of 4 wish granting RABCKs. I shall do best to get them read and in their way again as soon as I can.