Mother of Pearl

by Melinda Haynes | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingvalpetewing of Walnut Creek, California USA on 8/31/2009
Journal Entry 1 by wingvalpetewing from Walnut Creek, California USA on Monday, August 31, 2009
Found 2 copies on my TBR shelf. Sending it as a RABCK.

Journal Entry 2 by wingvalpetewing at Walnut Creek, California USA on Monday, August 31, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (9/1/2009 UTC) at Walnut Creek, California USA

Sending it to NancyNova as a RABCK to fulfill her wishlist.

Journal Entry 3 by wingNancyNovawing from Lansdale, Pennsylvania USA on Saturday, September 12, 2009
Thank you for my wishlist rabck. Saw your note - when i consolidate, I too find dups (guess I REALLY thought I'd like a book!), so one copy goes out! Looking forward to reading this one.

Journal Entry 4 by wingNancyNovawing at Lansdale, Pennsylvania USA on Wednesday, July 12, 2017
Supposedly similar to other southern writers, like Olive Ann Burns, I didn't find this book as engaging. Set in Mississippi, the story revolves around 28yo negro Even, 15yo Valuable the white daughter of the town whore, and new to town, Joody Two Sun, an odd "seer" camping outside of town.

Checking wishlists to see where this will go next.

Journal Entry 5 by wingNancyNovawing at Wanamaker Building in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA on Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (5/23/2018 UTC) at Wanamaker Building in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

For the 3 every week and mothers release challenges

If you aren't familiar with Bookcrossing, take a few minutes to check out this very cool site. Bookcrossers LOVE books, and more than anything, they love to read books and then set them free for other people to find and enjoy. I would love it if you would leave a journal entry -- you can say where you found the book or how you liked it when you read it. Then, when you are ready, pass it along for someone else to enjoy! Thanks and happy reading!