Cop Out!: The End of My Brilliant Career in the New Zealand Police

by Glenn Wood | Biographies & Memoirs |
Registered by futurecat of Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on 8/22/2009
Journal Entry 1 by futurecat from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Saturday, August 22, 2009
Lytteltonwitch dropped off a "few" more books that she hasn't had time to release.

v

Journal Entry 2 by futurecat from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Sunday, September 06, 2009
The sequel to The Laughing Policeman, detailing Wood's short-lived career in the police.

Having spent a lot of time around the police in my younger days (no, not as a criminal - my mother worked for them), much of what he describes was familiar to me, so it was interesting to look back into that world again.

What was really interesting though was his description of the 1981 Springbok tour, and its effect on NZ. Quite different seeing it from the other side of the lines, compared to the way the media usually present it. (Reading the chapters about the tour just before bed was probably a bad move, in retrospect - I had some pretty horrible dreams that night!)

v

Released 10 yrs ago (9/26/2009 UTC) at The Coffee Club OBCZ, High Street in Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand

Left on the OBCZ shelf after our meetup.

Happy bookcrossing to the finder!

v

P.S. If you live in the Christchurch area, you might like to join us at our monthly bookcrossing meetups. For details, see the BCNZ Yahoo Group.