Mansfield Park (Oxford World's Classics)

by Jane Austen | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 9780199535538 Global Overview for this book
Registered by bookwormkt of Leeds, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on 8/20/2009
Journal Entry 1 by bookwormkt from Leeds, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Thursday, August 20, 2009
I couldn't resist this OUP edition of Mansfield Park, languishing in the 10p basket in the charity shop! Has some sentences highlighted, but also has useful study notes. 10p - that's LESS THAN PEANUTS!!

Having said that, MP is NOT my favourite Jane Austen book and Fanny is, to be honest, a bit of a DRIP, but never mind :) She is also sweet natured and sticks to her principles. I can't help prefering Eliabeth Bennett or Ann in Persuasion.

Journal Entry 2 by bookwormkt from Leeds, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Friday, March 12, 2010
Off to Finland for IWD RABCK. Not sure which province, so can't do a Controlled Release Note!

Journal Entry 3 by wingAnnimanniwing from Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Thursday, March 18, 2010
Aaawwww, another Austen to my tbr pile - and from my wishlist too. Thanks very much, bookwormkt :)

Journal Entry 4 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Saturday, January 01, 2011
I love Austen and I loved Mansfield Park, too, although I agree with bookwormkt about Fanny :) Perfect reading for the holidays! The explanatory notes were a useful addition to the story.

Journal Entry 5 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Released 10 yrs ago (1/4/2011 UTC) at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

Off to LeahMartin in Texas as part of our book swap.

***

Reduce Mountain TBR 2011 Challenge

Keep Them Moving 2011 Release Challenge

Journal Entry 6 by LeahMartin at Euless, Texas USA on Friday, January 28, 2011
Got in the mail today from a fellow BCer! Thanks so much, Annimanni. I really like your picture. Makes me miss living in Germany during the Wintertime!