The White Tiger

by Aravind Adiga | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by Bookcloud of Bournemouth, Dorset United Kingdom on 8/17/2009
Journal Entry 1 by Bookcloud from Bournemouth, Dorset United Kingdom on Monday, August 17, 2009
Purchased as one of a buy 3 for the price of 2.

Not sure about this book so will put it out as a ring and read it when it comes home.

Journal Entry 2 by Bookcloud from Bournemouth, Dorset United Kingdom on Friday, August 21, 2009
Ring for this as follows:
deludeddaydream
maffarimond
benschu
allthesepieces
back to me

Will mail to deludeddaydream tomorrow (Saturday 22/8/09)

Journal Entry 3 by Bookcloud at Bournemouth, Dorset United Kingdom on Saturday, August 22, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (8/22/2009 UTC) at Bournemouth, Dorset United Kingdom

this is on it's way to deludeddaydream. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 4 by deludeddaydream from -- Somewhere in Hampshire, Hampshire United Kingdom on Monday, August 24, 2009
This book arrived in the mail this morning. I've got about 150 pages of my current book left to go, and as soon as I've finished it I'll start this one. Can't wait! It looks like a brilliant read! Thanks so much for sending it. :)

Journal Entry 5 by deludeddaydream from -- Somewhere in Hampshire, Hampshire United Kingdom on Thursday, August 27, 2009
It's hard to write a review of this book without spoiling it for other members of the bookring, so I won't go into too much detail. Suffice to say, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I found it a fascinating and highly emotive read. What appears at first glance to be a rags-to-riches story becomes so much more. The descriptive writing made me feel as if I were actually in India; the sights and smells and tastes came through so clearly. By the end, I found myself incredibly angry about the corruption and injustices faced by the poor of India. Very thought provoking.

I'll be posting it off to mafarrimond tomorrow.

Thank you, bookcloud, for sharing this book. :)

Journal Entry 6 by deludeddaydream at Waterlooville, Hampshire United Kingdom on Thursday, August 27, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (8/27/2009 UTC) at Waterlooville, Hampshire United Kingdom

Posted to mafarrimond along with the Award-Winning Women Writers BookBox.

Journal Entry 7 by mafarrimond from Hawarden, Wales United Kingdom on Tuesday, September 01, 2009
Received the book today and loving it so far. Thamks for the bookring.

Journal Entry 8 by mafarrimond at Lübeck, Schleswig-Holstein Germany on Saturday, September 05, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (9/4/2009 UTC) at Lübeck, Schleswig-Holstein Germany

Posted to benschu as next in the list for the book ring. Hope you enjoy the book as much as I did.

Journal Entry 9 by benschu from München, Bayern Germany on Monday, September 14, 2009
Thanks, got it.

19.1.10
I'm nearly through

Asked for address

Journal Entry 10 by benschu at -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings --, Pennsylvania USA on Monday, February 01, 2010

Released 10 yrs ago (2/1/2010 UTC) at -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings --, Pennsylvania USA

The book is on the way

Journal Entry 11 by snarkhunting from Decatur, Georgia USA on Sunday, February 28, 2010
I haven't been home, but it looks like this came in a few days ago. I'm looking forward to reading it, though I think I might have one other ring ahead of it. And, benschu, thank you for the lovely postcard! :)

Journal Entry 12 by snarkhunting at an einen bookcrosser, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (5/7/2010 UTC) at an einen bookcrosser, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

I thought I'd sent this one off, along with Q&A several weeks ago. I remembered passing these two books off to Mum when I got a little too busy with school. Unfortunately, she ended up in the hospital and forgot all about them until she saw me with another batch of books.

Things have been crazy, here. I'm sorry it took so long to get these books out. I mailed this one late last week. I hope it arrives soon!

Journal Entry 13 by Bookcloud from Bournemouth, Dorset United Kingdom on Saturday, May 15, 2010
Received the book today. Thankyou

Journal Entry 14 by Bookcloud at Kinson Community Centre in Bournemouth, Dorset United Kingdom on Saturday, June 26, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (6/26/2010 UTC) at Kinson Community Centre in Bournemouth, Dorset United Kingdom

Never could get started. Enjoy

Journal Entry 15 by kirsty12 at Bournemouth, Dorset United Kingdom on Wednesday, August 31, 2011
Bought in a charity shop last year. Only realised it was a bookcrossing book when I went to stamp it before registering it myself and spotted the BCID inside the front cover. Such a nice surprise - I've only ever caught one book when I lived in Hong Kong. I'll do a controlled release to H.K. in the coming months :)