Passion, Betrayal and Killer Highlights

by Kyra Davis | Mystery & Thrillers | This book has not been rated.
ISBN: 037389578x Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingmaryzeewing of Taneytown, Maryland USA on 8/16/2009
Journal Entry 1 by wingmaryzeewing from Taneytown, Maryland USA on Sunday, August 16, 2009
Found this nice hb at my local ubs, Willow Tree Books. Karen often puts out review copies for sale for $1 each, resulting in some nice finds there for me. This one looks pretty good; I think I'll hold onto it to read.

From the cover -
Sophie Katz has just offered a man $12,000 for his services... Is she desperate or just meshugeneh?
Considering the kind of disasters that usually befall the half-black, half-Jewish mystery writer, probably both. Because the last time Sophie saw sexy P.I. Anatoly Darinsky, he practically danced a jig when she waved goodbye - a normal reaction for a man who'd nearly bought the farm trying to protect her from her own foolishness. What are the chances he'd agree to take incriminating pictures of her sister's philandering husband? Or that he'd let her tag along - you know... for research?
But when her brother-in-law turns up dead and her sister becomes the prime suspect, Sophie's priority is finding the real killer. With or without Anatoly's help. Her brother-in-law's secret life yields plenty of suspects, but the San Francisco police aren't taking any of them seriously. So Sophie does what comes naturally to her: she stirs up trouble (to lure the killer out, of course).
But if her crazy plan works, will Anatoly be there to protect her this time?

Journal Entry 2 by wing6of8wing at Westminster, Maryland USA on Saturday, November 24, 2018
Sadly, MaryZee passed suddenly in September 2012. MaryZee's daughter is now ready to rehome her mom's books and I was willing to collect and redistribute them to keep her literary legacy alive. It took some time to get this one journalled because the BCID number was not clear. I have fixed that so it shouldn't be a problem in the future.

Journal Entry 3 by wing6of8wing at -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, etc, Virginia USA on Sunday, November 25, 2018

Released 3 mos ago (12/16/2018 UTC) at -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, etc, Virginia USA

This book is going to the BCinDC holiday party as part of the first line game.

Journal Entry 4 by Firegirl at Annandale, Virginia USA on Monday, December 17, 2018
This book was leftover at the end of the BC-in-DC holiday gathering, so I picked it up to contribute to my hospital's book cart.

Released 3 mos ago (12/20/2018 UTC) at George Washington University Hospital in Washington, District of Columbia USA

Left on the book cart in the main waiting area.