Marooned in Fraggle Rock

by David Young | Children's Books | This book has not been rated.
Registered by KateKintail of Burke, Virginia USA on 8/13/2009
Journal Entry 1 by KateKintail from Burke, Virginia USA on Thursday, August 13, 2009
Picked this up at the Book Thing in Baltimore, MD.

I LOVE Fraggle Rock stories!

Journal Entry 2 by wingmelydiawing from Rockville, Maryland USA on Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Red and Boober wander off together so the others can finish preparing for Boober's surprise birthday party, and are trapped by a cave-in. The characterization and dialogue were spot-on with my memories of the show (a favorite from childhood), and the illustrations were great. The story was surprisingly dark and scary. A happy ending is assured, of course, but there's a lot going on here. Which is what made Henson's creations so compelling: even the children's shows have layers and complexity. Add some wonderful music and you have the show distilled into book form.

I snagged this out of KateKintail's box of donations for The Book Thing. My husband is a huge Fraggle fan and would like to keep this, so it's going into our permanent collection. Thanks!