Flowers In The Attic (Dollanger Saga)

by V.C. Andrews | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by amcamp1644 of Rockville, Maryland USA on 8/13/2009
Journal Entry 1 by amcamp1644 from Rockville, Maryland USA on Thursday, August 13, 2009
Read this book a long time ago, and am ready to release it. I'm offering this as my FIRST EVER BOOKRAY for my BC 1 year birthday!

Summary: After the death of her husband, a mother takes her kids off to live with their grandparents in a huge, decrepit old mansion. However, the kids are kept hidden in a room just below the attic, visited only by their mother who becomes less and less concerned about them and their failing health, and more concerned about herself and the inheritence she plans to win back from her dying father, to the point of murder...

Journal Entry 2 by amcamp1644 from Rockville, Maryland USA on Wednesday, August 19, 2009
This is being sent off as a Ray. Here's the list so far - I'll add more people to it if there's more interest.

raerae78(USA)
whiskeyjane (USA)
allthepieces(USA)
Tinina67(AU)

Journal Entry 3 by amcamp1644 at Dalmatia, Pennsylvania USA on Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Released 11 yrs ago (8/26/2009 UTC) at Dalmatia, Pennsylvania USA

Released as a ray. Enjoy.

Journal Entry 4 by raerae78 from Watervliet, New York USA on Friday, August 28, 2009
I received this book in the mail today!!! Totally brighten my day (it's been a crappy one). I'm going to start reading immediately, and I'll PM the next person as soon as I'm done. Thanks for giving me the chance to read this!

Journal Entry 5 by raerae78 from Watervliet, New York USA on Monday, August 31, 2009
I read one of Andrews book when I was in junior high, and have only a brief memory of the story. When I saw Flowers in the Attic being offered I thought it would be a great way to read a book that I normally would not pick myself. While the book is classified as horror I feel that it wasn't the typical horror book. There are no gross scenes in the book, nor was there a masked man/creature running around killing off people. The book raised a lot of every day issues such as mortality, greed, death, and survival. I saw in the front of the book that this (as many of Andrews books) is part of a series. As for the story itself I would have liked to know more about the mother and what was going on in her head. There are other books to this series so its possible her mind is explored at some point. I'm probably going to purchase the next book when I go book shopping this month.

Thank you for sharing this book, amcamp1644! I hope others enjoy it as much as I did!

Journal Entry 6 by wingwhiskeyjanewing from Albuquerque, New Mexico USA on Saturday, November 14, 2009
Thanks for sending this on raerae78. I will start reading it very soon, as soon as I finish my current book. I may have read it a long time ago but even if I have, I want to read it again. Thanks for adding me to the ray amcamp1644.

December 9 - Finished reading this. It was even creepier than I remembered. Lots of suspense. I am pretty sure I read this many years ago, maybe as a library book. I will keep an eye out for the other books in this series.

Journal Entry 7 by wingwhiskeyjanewing at -- Mail or by hand -rings, RABCK, meetings, New Mexico USA on Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Released 11 yrs ago (12/12/2009 UTC) at -- Mail or by hand -rings, RABCK, meetings, New Mexico USA

CONTROLLED RELEASE NOTES: Will put in the mail to * (Tinina67 in QLD) * this week.

12/28/09 CORRECTION: I could not find a BC-er allthepieces. But I found a BC-er named allTHESEpieces. So I have PM'ed her for her addy and have the book ready to mail out to her.

Journal Entry 8 by wingwhiskeyjanewing from Albuquerque, New Mexico USA on Wednesday, January 06, 2010
WELCOME TO BOOKCROSSING Congratulations! You found a traveling book! This book has been set free. It is yours to keep or share. Please take a moment to make a journal entry to let me know the book has found a new home.

Journal Entry 9 by wingwhiskeyjanewing at -- Mail or by hand -rings, RABCK, meetings, New Mexico USA on Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Released 11 yrs ago (1/6/2010 UTC) at -- Mail or by hand -rings, RABCK, meetings, New Mexico USA

CONTROLLED RELEASE NOTES: In the mail to allthesepieces.

Journal Entry 10 by snarkhunting from Decatur, Georgia USA on Monday, January 11, 2010
Arrived safely this morning. Thanks for sending it along!

I wanted to read this as part of my Banned Books Challenge, but I have to be honest. I'm a bit apprehensive about this one. I'm not sure how easily the subject matter is going to bother me, so if I wimp out...well, let's just give it a shot.

Here goes...

Journal Entry 11 by snarkhunting from Decatur, Georgia USA on Thursday, February 18, 2010
Just a quick update. I'm waiting on shipping information, and I'll have this book in the mail as soon as I know where it's headed.

Journal Entry 12 by snarkhunting at Bookring/Bookray, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- Canada on Sunday, February 28, 2010

Released 11 yrs ago (3/1/2010 UTC) at Bookring/Bookray, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- Canada

Egads, we're snowed in! I haven't been home, but now that I am, I'm planning to release this tomorrow (March 1st) afternoon. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 13 by Tinina67 on Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Arrived today safe and sound. Thanks for including me.
I have another book of this series (the third one I think), so if somebody is interested...?

Journal Entry 14 by Tinina67 at Village in Bellegarde (Gers), Midi-Pyrénées France on Sunday, September 09, 2012

Released 8 yrs ago (9/9/2012 UTC) at Village in Bellegarde (Gers), Midi-Pyrénées France

To the lucky finder of this book...

Thank you for taking the time to visit Bookcrossing.
You don't need to register yourself to leave a journal entry, you can stay anonymus if you like. Tell us where you found this book and how you liked it and after reading it you can keep it, pass it on to friends and family or release it back in the wild.

If you do decide to join us, please consider using me ,Tinina67, as the member who referred you.

Enjoy the book and happy reading!