The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium Trilogy)

by Stieg Larsson | Mystery & Thrillers | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingPlum-crazywing of Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on 8/10/2009
Journal Entry 1 by wingPlum-crazywing from Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Monday, September 19, 2011
Forty years ago, Harriet Vanger disappeared from a family gathering on the island owned and inhabited by the powerful Vanger clan. Her body was never found, yet her uncle is convinced it was murder - and that the killer is a member of his own tightly knit but dysfunctional family. He employs disgraced financial journalist Mikael Blomkvist and the tattooed, truculent computer hacker Lisbeth Salander to investigate.

When the pair link Harriet's disappearance to a number of grotesque murders from forty years ago, they begin to unravel a dark and appalling family history. But the Vangers are a secretive clan, and Blomkvist and Salander are about to find out just how far they are prepared to go to protect themselves.

Journal Entry 2 by wingPlum-crazywing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Monday, October 22, 2012
After thinking I was going to struggle with this book very early on (due to Lindberg's tale about Wennerstrom & the A.I.A. - don't think I took it in & certainly couldn't explain it!) I soon changed my mind & was totally gripped throughout.

All the characters seemed slightly different to the norm but were all credible & Blomkvist made an engaging lead, but the main fascination for me had to be Lisbeth Salander; an intruiging & complex character that I'm looking forward to learning more about in the next two books - I so felt for her at the end :o( not that she would welcome any sympathy lol.

So for me it lived up to the hype, hope the next two in the series do as well...

Journal Entry 3 by wingPlum-crazywing at Lawson Road Health clinic in Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Released 7 yrs ago (11/13/2012 UTC) at Lawson Road Health clinic in Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom

Added to the bookshelf in Podiatry

Released as part of the "THE Challenge (#27)

If you're reading this then you've found a travelling book!

The point of releasing book into the "wild" is that they are a free gift from the bookcrosser to the finder.However, in this case, the book was given as a donation for a charity fundraiser so you will have had to pay for it. Thank you for purchasing it & contributing to the charity.
I hope you enjoy reading it & when you've read it, why not do entry to say where it's going next & then all it's readers, past & present, will be able to follow it's travels.

(If you decide to join in the fun at bookcrossing, please consider putting me, Plum-crazy as your referring member.....help spread the words!)