Hope for the Flowers

by Trina Paulus | Religion & Spirituality |
Registered by blue1236 of Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia on 7/30/2009
Journal Entry 1 by blue1236 from Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia on Thursday, July 30, 2009
Feel good book. Bought new. Available as part of my massive book cull.

Journal Entry 2 by blue1236 from Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia on Saturday, August 01, 2009
Set aside for posting as part of my massive book clear-out. Just waiting on a satchel from Carole888.

Journal Entry 3 by blue1236 at Australia Post, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Monday, August 10, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (8/11/2009 UTC) at Australia Post, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

In the mail.

Journal Entry 4 by Carole888 from Perth City, Western Australia Australia on Monday, August 17, 2009
Thanks heaps for sending this one to me blue1236. I am sure it was read to me at school ..... many, many years ago ...... as I have looked through the pages and yes, it is the same ...... so good to be able to get the chance to read the story again.

Journal Entry 5 by Carole888 from Perth City, Western Australia Australia on Wednesday, September 30, 2009
I have read it again and it brings back lovely memories of school days and the wonderful books that we were exposed to. I think it is an excellent book to use with kids in schools .... so I am hanging on to it for reading to others. It is a beautiful story and makes you stop to think about how we go about with our day to day living and why we do what we do. Thanks once again blue for sending it this way.

Journal Entry 6 by Carole888 at Perth City, Western Australia Australia on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Released 7 yrs ago (2/23/2012 UTC) at Perth City, Western Australia Australia

I have shared this beautiful book with many .... including children and adults, who have just loved it. I think it is time for this book to travel so I'm sending it on it's way to a lovely person on the other side of Australia. Looking forward to seeing what you think!! Cheers!!

Journal Entry 7 by FreePages at Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Australia on Monday, March 05, 2012
Thanks Carole for sending this charming flower power era book as a surprise along with one other. It was just the thing to brighten a wet Saturday afternoon, after a week of cloudy wet miserable days.
I was surprised to learn that the book was written in the early 70s, it feels much more contemporary, like some of the new graphic feel good books that are around. Perhaps, the moral of the story is a little timeless :)
It is also a little like an adult version of the Very Hungry Caterpillar, taking the story a little further once Stripe decides perhaps there is more to life then just eating :)
I think I'll share this at one of the Canberra bookcrossing meet ups see if anyone else gets caught up with it.
xx