The Last Juror

by John Grisham | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by fizzielizzie753 on 7/29/2009
Journal Entry 1 by fizzielizzie753 on Wednesday, July 29, 2009
My husband received this book as a Christmas Present, unfortunately did not get a chance to read it. I read it over the last week and enjoyed the book very much, living the life of the Newspaper Owner and all he went through. Will pass this book to my daughter to read.

Journal Entry 2 by kingfan30 from -- Somewhere in Lincs, Lincolnshire United Kingdom on Sunday, January 03, 2010
Thanks for passing this on and sorry Ray never got chance to read it. I will try and keep it moving in his memory.

15 Jan 10 Quite enjoyed this book, not sure why but when I first started reading John Grisham I expected him to be quite heavy going, but he is not at all. I work for a publishing company so quite interesting to see what working for a paper was like in the 70s.

Time for a book ray, normal rules apply although there is only three of you so don't worry if you can not manage to read it in the four weeks, I would just like to keep it moving.

SarahMachin84 UK (UK)
YowlYY UK (UK or EU)
Shahrun UK (Int)
MissTerry UK (UK or EU)

Journal Entry 3 by kingfan30 at Bourne, Lincolnshire United Kingdom on Monday, January 18, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (1/18/2010 UTC) at Bourne, Lincolnshire United Kingdom

Passed to SarahMachin84

Sarah has passed this back as she had not had time to read it, and has a few other rays to get through so it is on its way to YowlYY

Journal Entry 4 by YowlYY on Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Just arrived in Nottingham! I am looking forward to reading it very soon and pass on...thanks for letting me join your ray.

Journal Entry 5 by YowlYY on Tuesday, March 02, 2010
Another gripping tale by John Grisham! This was a little bit different, as we see the main character buy a local newspaper and help reshape the life of the local rural community. Scary criminal characters and just as scary trigger-happy citizens provide the scenery in which the story is told...and of course there is a tale of segregation and integration of the local black community, the more interesting because we're talking here the 70s in the very South. Highly enjoyable, thanks for sharing!
The book is now ready to travel to Shahrun - happy reading!

Journal Entry 6 by YowlYY at -- Controlled Release, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (3/2/2010 UTC) at -- Controlled Release, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom

In the hands of the Royal Mail for a fast delivery to London - happy reading!

Journal Entry 7 by Shahrun from Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom on Monday, March 08, 2010
I am atually in New Zealand at the moment. I will be back in a couple of weeks & will read this and pass it on quick as I can. (My boyfriend is at home thats how I got the BCID - I'm not psycic!)

Journal Entry 8 by Shahrun from Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom on Monday, April 05, 2010
I haven't read any Grisham for quite a while and I did rather enjoy this one! I liked the fact that the whole book wasn't set in a court room (rare for one of his books, I think). I realised where the book was going just a few pages from the end and it wasn't what I was expecting. I am going to parcel it up today ready for posting to the next Ray member tomorrow (when the post office reopens).

Journal Entry 9 by Shahrun at by mail, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (4/6/2010 UTC) at by mail, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases

Posted this off to MissTerry today to continue the BookRay. Hope you enjoy it too.

Journal Entry 10 by MissTerry from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, April 24, 2010
Sorry, book arrived about 10 days ago. Will start reading it immediately and then pass it on.

Journal Entry 11 by MissTerry at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Wednesday, June 09, 2010
Apologies again - I finished this a couple of weeks ago and forgot to journal it :o(

I found it an enjoyable read - maybe not Grisham's best work, but still good nonetheless. I see that I am at the end of the ray, so I will hold onto this for a bit until I can find a good home for it. Thanks again for including me on this.