Dead Witch Walking (The Hollows, Book 1)

by Kim Harrison | Horror |
Registered by sonnenscheinHD of Eppelheim, Baden-Württemberg Germany on 7/28/2009
Journal Entry 1 by sonnenscheinHD from Eppelheim, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Ein Neuerwerb, später mehr....

All the creatures of the night gather in "the Hollows" of Cincinnati, to hide, to prowl, to party ... and to feed.

Vampires rule the darkness in a predator-eat-predator world rife with dangers beyond imagining -- and it’s Rachel Morgan's job to keep that world civilized.

A bounty hunter and witch with serious sex appeal and an attitude, she'll bring 'em back alive, dead ... or undead.

Update: Hat mir überhaupt nicht gefallen, viel zuviel Chicken und zuwenig Fantasy/Mystik/Vampire ;-)

Ray TN-Liste:
1.sternenwolf
2.can-toi-tete
3.Tiamat-muc, behält es

Released 10 yrs ago (8/2/2009 UTC) at -- Per Post geschickt/ Persönlich weitergegeben --, Berlin Germany

Freut sich auf begeisterte Lesser/innen und wandert irgendwann am Ende in eine Box ;-) Bitte den JE machen, danke!

Journal Entry 3 by sternenwolf from Steffenberg, Hessen Germany on Friday, August 07, 2009
Ist heute mit der Post angekommen!
Vielen Dank! Wandert erst mal ein Weilchen zu meinen TBRs!

Journal Entry 4 by sternenwolf from Steffenberg, Hessen Germany on Sunday, August 30, 2009
Just finished the book and have to say it was a quite entertainig, exciting and funny read.
Rachel Morgan is a red-haired earth witch who works for the Interland Security. But she pissed on her job and so she decides to cancel her job to become independet with a living vampire named Ivy and the annoying little pixie Jenks. Her ex-boss puts a bounty on her. Now she is trying to live with a hord of assasins tracking her and to catch the mysterious druglord and councilman to pay her contract with the I.S. of.
But that sounds easier than it is and so she stumbels in issue after another. But her friends are there to rescue her...
Also interessting is the world the protagonists live in. Most humans died of a diseases cause by biotechnical manipulated tomatoes and they are living in fear of the Interlander's.
Enjoyed it and going on with the first sequel today.

Thanks for the Ray @ sonnenscheinHD.
Continueing its journey as soon as I finished "The Good, the Bad and the Undead".

Edit 03.09.: On it's way to Can-Toi-Tete!

Journal Entry 5 by Can-Toi-Tete from Ballysimon, Co. Limerick Ireland on Saturday, September 12, 2009
Kam vor ein paar Tagen bei mir an. Nachdem ich mich gar nicht mehr daran erinnern konnte, dass ich mich für den Ray eingetragen hab, hab ich mal das Forum durchforscht und festgestellt, dass Tiamat-Muc nur erwähnt hatte, dass ich Interesse haben könnte. So schnell ist man eingetragen. ;o)
Interessieren würd's mir ja schon, aber ich komm bei englischen Büchern nur schleppend voran und in den letzten Monaten bin ich leider überhaupt nicht mehr dazu gekommen, englische Bücher zu lesen. Von daher wandert es zusammen mit dem zweiten Teil ungelesen an Tiamat-Muc weiter.
Trotzdem danke fürs Schicken!

Journal Entry 6 by Can-Toi-Tete from Ballysimon, Co. Limerick Ireland on Sunday, October 18, 2009
Geht morgen an Tiamat-muc.

Journal Entry 7 by Tiamat-muc from München, Bayern Germany on Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Ich werde demnächst wohl eine Vampirserie einschieben - 7 Stück kamen gestern bei mir an (c:

9.9.10
It was a bit hard to get into the story, but after a hundred or so pages it was quite a nice read. Rachel is an earth witch who quits service as a bounty hunter at the IS, the bureau for Inderlanders (all nonhumans - dead, living or undead ones). Not an easy thing to do for she is now on a death threat. But with a little bit of help from various friends as there is a pixy, a vamp and at the end of the story also the-man-who-was-a-rat-human there is nothing she can't do. I read part 2 (the good, the bad and the undead) right now and I'm still wondering what Ivys wish has been...

Journal Entry 8 by Tiamat-muc at München, Bayern Germany on Sunday, October 17, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (11/2/2010 UTC) at München, Bayern Germany

geht mit der Dia de los muertos-Box auf die Reise

und reist ab dem 23.06.11 mit der HappyCadaverDay-Box

Journal Entry 9 by wingPebbletoolwing at on Saturday, July 16, 2011
Well, this is another book that is still waiting to be read as I´ve got a copy on my shelf. As with the Armintrout-serie I´ll take the chance and keep the second book here to motivate me to start reading this serie.
Then I´m also editing how I like this one, which will travel in with the box. Have a nice journey!

Journal Entry 10 by Can-Toi-Tete at München, Bayern Germany on Saturday, September 07, 2013
Ist mit der Happy Cadaver Day-Box wieder zurückgekommen.

Released 6 yrs ago (10/19/2013 UTC) at -- Wild Released somewhere in Dublin in Dublin, Co. Dublin Ireland

This and a few other books will be taken to Dublin and released somewhere there. I don't know the place and time at the moment, but it will be between October 19th and November 2nd.