I Did (But I Wouldn't Now)

by Cara Lockwood | Women's Fiction |
Registered by wingthegoaliegirlwing of Vancouver, Washington USA on 7/23/2009
Journal Entry 1 by wingthegoaliegirlwing from Vancouver, Washington USA on Thursday, July 23, 2009
Thank you for finding this book and welcome to bookcrossing! Bookcrossing is a wonderful place to share your love of reading with people all over the world. You can remain anonymous but if you do, you won't be able to get notification each time someone else journals this book. Following this books travels is very fun. Again, welcome to bookcrossing!

Journal Entry 2 by wingthegoaliegirlwing at mail, a postal release -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, July 25, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (7/26/2009 UTC) at mail, a postal release -- Controlled Releases

Sent this out to the decoy of the book and bookmark contest that I'd hosted. Figured you deserve a bonus package with some wishlist books for being a decoy twice in a row.

Journal Entry 3 by wingBkind2bookswing from Clarksville, Tennessee USA on Thursday, July 30, 2009
Wow!! Thanks so much for these wishlist books - I feel doubly blessed.

Journal Entry 4 by wingBkind2bookswing at Clarksville, Tennessee USA on Friday, January 13, 2017
This was a cute, humorous fluff read, but I found it hard to like the heroine or to get invested in her story. She's in the midst of divorcing a rock star and fighting charges of assault and then just picks up and flees to London to reconnect with an old friend. There's lots of humorous escapades that are somewhat reminiscent of Bridget Jones's Diary or Confessions of a Shopaholic but without the emotional investment. Lily is just hard to feel sympathetic for - she's flighty, disorganized, trouble-attracting, indulgent - in short she's her own worst enemy. I did like Carter, the old friend that she rooms with while in London, and his roommate, Ian, a Scots with an almost unintelligible accent that spends most of the book playing video games. It was okay for a fluff read but I wonder if I would have liked it better if I'd read the first of the series ( I Do -- But I Don't )

Quotes I liked:

Fun is betting against the odds of fate that you'll come out all right in the end. That the thrill ride will be worth it.

In astrology, on your birthday all the stars align with the way they were on the day you were born. Some people feel this is a time to reflect, but my neighbor Fran used to always say that it's a subtle reminder that no matter how much progress you make, you always end up back where you started from.

Journal Entry 5 by wingBkind2bookswing at Clarksville, Tennessee USA on Saturday, June 27, 2020

Released 1 wk ago (6/27/2020 UTC) at Clarksville, Tennessee USA

Sending as RABCK - please enjoy or release! All I ask is that you please journal along the way...

Journal Entry 6 by wingBasculawing at Ridley Park, Pennsylvania USA on Tuesday, June 30, 2020
Received in a box of books - thanks!