The Secrets of a Fire King

by Kim Edwards | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingAnnimanniwing of Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on 7/20/2009
Journal Entry 1 by wingAnnimanniwing from Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Monday, July 20, 2009
From the back:

"Young, fiery and bright, Eshlaini has her whole future ahead of her - until her father condemns her to a life of spinsterhood.

Joyce has settled into Malaysian life after thirty years as an expat wife - or so she things, until a newcomer arrives and reveals just how little of her adopted country she knows.

Jade Moon wants the best for her family - but, surrounded by Americans who reject her Korean traditions, she must first work out what 'the best' means.

Though cultures and distances separates them, their experiences reflect our universal fears and desires. From a breathtaking island off Singapore to upstate New York and France, Kim Edwards takes in the world, compassionately and gracefully exploring the obstacles of time, place and circumstance in all our quests for love, happiness and acceptance."

***

Snapped this at a sale in the Academic Bookstore in Helsinki.

Journal Entry 2 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Monday, June 04, 2018
Absolutely brilliant! Exquisite, original, engaging. Some of the stories had me holding my breath by the end. There were only one or two that didn't really grab me. Some of my favourites were Balance, Aristotle's Lantern, The Secrets of a Fire King, and The Story of My Life.

Journal Entry 3 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Friday, June 08, 2018

Released 9 mos ago (6/7/2018 UTC) at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

On its way to the winner of the Royal Flush sweepstakes. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 4 by wingAbi-Gibbywing at Millbrook, Cornwall United Kingdom on Monday, June 11, 2018
Thank you very much for this book it sounds very interesting