Such a Long Journey

by Rohinton Mistry | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by loveamystery of Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on 7/18/2009
Journal Entry 1 by loveamystery from Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Saturday, July 18, 2009
This should be good as I have read other books by this author and have enjoyed them.

Journal Entry 2 by wingLittleSuzwing from Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, April 15, 2010
This looks interesting. Thanks loveamystery! As I mentioned on my other journal entry, getting these books today has been particularly nice.

Journal Entry 3 by wingLittleSuzwing at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Wednesday, September 15, 2010
This was quite a sad story in a way, but also funny. Mistry is clearly a good writer and did a great job of portraying the dilemmas of the wellmeaning but unfortunate lead character. Poor man!

Journal Entry 4 by wingLittleSuzwing at Biblos, Chambers Street in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, October 07, 2010

Released 10 yrs ago (10/7/2010 UTC) at Biblos, Chambers Street in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

Released at meetup

If you are new to bookcrossing - welcome and congratulations for finding a book! Please leave a journal entry to let me and any other readers know where it has gone and what you thought of it.

Journal Entry 5 by silverbirch7 at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, October 08, 2010
Picked up at BX Meet up

Journal Entry 6 by silverbirch7 at Biblos, Chambers Street in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Released 9 yrs ago (3/3/2011 UTC) at Biblos, Chambers Street in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

Been on my "TBR" shelf for a long time, bringing it back to BX Meet up so that somebody else can give it a chance instead.

Journal Entry 7 by kinedi at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, March 07, 2011
How lucky am I to find this book at the last Meet Up. I have not so long ago just finished '' Family Matters'' and am becoming very fast a fan of Rohinston Mistry as his stories always totally grab me and transport me back to India/Pakistan. Am very much looking forward to reading this novel soon. Thanks !

Journal Entry 8 by kinedi at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, October 11, 2011
Thoroughly enjoyed this novel as well. The characters were all very well drawn - had a few giggles in regards to certain mad neightbours but all in all they were all very human. Sitting on my couch in cold wet Edinburgh with a nice cup of Chai while reading his novels, always transports me back to India - a marvellous country

Journal Entry 9 by kinedi at Rushyford, County Durham United Kingdom on Wednesday, December 02, 2020

Released 1 mo ago (12/2/2020 UTC) at Rushyford, County Durham United Kingdom

On its way to Nu-Knees. Happy reading

Journal Entry 10 by kinedi at Rushyford, County Durham United Kingdom on Wednesday, December 02, 2020

Released 1 mo ago (12/2/2020 UTC) at Rushyford, County Durham United Kingdom

On its way to Nu-Knees. Happy reading

Journal Entry 11 by wingNu-Kneeswing at Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Friday, December 04, 2020
Thank you very much, kinedi, for the lovely package of books and Christmas Greetings the postman brought me. Your card was one of the first to arrive and is already on display. I would say that they're up for all to see but I'm not expecting anyone who doesn't live here to enter the house until the Spring, long after the Christmas decorations will have been taken down again! In the meantime, OldKnees and I are enjoying the colour and light we've surrounded ourselves with!

I was impressed with A Fine Balance by this author but have never read anything else he's written, so thank you for the opportunity to try this one.

Apparently three copies of A Fine Balance have passed through my hands. You can read their BookCrossing history and Journal Entries here, here and here.