Wishbones

by Carolyn Haines | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by loveamystery of Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on 7/16/2009
Journal Entry 1 by loveamystery from Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Thursday, July 16, 2009
Amazon Editorial Review:

It’s time for Sarah Booth to pack up her hound dog and her P.I. business and take a shot at stardom! Soon she aces the screen test for a racy remake of the movie Body Heat alongside leading man Graf Miliau. The chemistry between them is undeniable—and why not? Graf has already starred in one of Sarah’s previous affairs…and is well on his way to landing a big part in the sequel.

Thrilled as Sarah is to be in Hollywood, her dream-come-true comes at a price. She has to leave behind her family’s ancestral home in Mississippi, her closest friends, and the possibility of settling down with her longtime love to film on location in Costa Rica. It’s not long before rivalries flare, unexplained accidents occur, and this leading lady mysteriously finds herself in some steamy tabloids…without turning up in a single frame of film.

This was somewhat of a change from the other books with a different locale. I think I would like to see Sarah Booth back in Mississippi. And I couldn't quite warm up to Graf, although he does seem to love Sarah and is very good to her.