Box of Delights

by John Masefield | Children's Books |
Registered by Jonniboi of Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on 7/9/2009
Journal Entry 1 by Jonniboi from Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Thursday, July 09, 2009
My Grandmother gave me this when I was about 7 years old! She died 5 days before Christmas 2008! I was really upset, and I still am now considering that she loved Christmas! I can tell that I'm upset because I'm endlessly buying stuff and stuff and stuff, and I end up not having enough money! I'm in debt from parents, friends and even my extended family, because I can't stop spending! Anyhow, my Grandmother's birthday is in a few weeks time and so I've thought about sending this out as a bookring, I hope everyone enjoys it, and I would love this to go around the world, and see it travel before it comes back to me!

I haven't read this mainly because it isn't my sort of book, but when it comes back to me, maybe I'd like to read it!

Blurb (back of book):

"A magical old man has asked Kay to protect the Box of Delights, a Box with which he can travel through time. But Kay is in danger: Abner Brown will stop at nothing to get his hands on it

The police don't belive Kay so when his family and the Bishop are scrobbled up just before Christmas, he knows he must act alone..."

This is a book I would like to send around the whole world, meaning I would like atleast 1 person in every country to read this, but I very much doubt my wish will come true. I shall send it out to the first person on my Grandmother's birthday, which is 27th July, but I shall not close the ring so people can join whenever they like!

Order of the Bookring:
Snufkin81- South Africa- Post International
Annenz- New Zealand- Post International
SimplyReflected- New Zealand- Post International
... Then back to me

to sign up to the bookring Click here

UPDATE: I'm no longer in debt, and I'm not as upset as I was back then!

Journal Entry 2 by Jonniboi at Kings Norton, West Midlands United Kingdom on Monday, July 27, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (7/27/2009 UTC) at Kings Norton, West Midlands United Kingdom

sent it on it's way in it's bookring. I sure hope it is in safe hands! And I hope my Grandma will be very happy!

I hope Debnance enjoys the book!

Journal Entry 3 by debnance from Alvin, Texas USA on Monday, August 03, 2009
This book arrived today! I will start it in a few minutes....

Journal Entry 4 by debnance at Alvin, Texas USA on Sunday, August 09, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (8/10/2009 UTC) at Alvin, Texas USA

I'll be mailing this off to Kentucky tomorrow to the next reader....

Journal Entry 5 by blueviolent from Pine Knot, Kentucky USA on Thursday, October 08, 2009
Received this book and it should be on it's way soon! I apologize deeply for the delay!

Journal Entry 6 by blueviolent from Pine Knot, Kentucky USA on Sunday, October 25, 2009
This book was sent on Thursday, Oct 22. to Brianna in Canada.

Journal Entry 7 by Vapermom from Trenton, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Received today! I have one more to read before this one, I will get to it in a couple of weeks. Thanks!

Journal Entry 8 by Vapermom from Trenton, Ontario Canada on Monday, November 16, 2009
I wasn't too fond of this book, I found it boring and the writing style just wasn't for me, I think because the english used is totally different than the english I am used to reading.
Have emailed the next person in line for their address

Journal Entry 9 by ladyofunicorns from Santa Fe, New Mexico USA on Thursday, December 17, 2009
I received this book via postal mail. I have added it to my tbr ring/ray pile and will read it right after I finish with the one I am currently reading. After that, I will make another journal entry.

Journal Entry 10 by ladyofunicorns from Santa Fe, New Mexico USA on Monday, March 08, 2010
Sorry this took so long! I really did enjoy it! It was really cute. I have pm'd Snufkin81 for their address so I can send it off.