The Host

by Stephenie Meyer | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by Projekt-X of Kensington, Greater London United Kingdom on 7/5/2009
Journal Entry 1 by Projekt-X from Kensington, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, July 05, 2009
Melanie Stryder refuses to fade away. The earth has been invaded by a species that take over the minds of their human hosts while leaving their bodies intact, and most of humanity has succumbed. Wanderer, the invading “soul” who has been given Melanie’s body, knew about the challenges of living inside a human: the overwhelming emotions, the too vivid memories. But there was one difficulty Wanderer didn’t expect: the former tenant of her body refusing to relinquish possession of her mind. Melanie fills Wanderer’s thoughts with visions of the man Melanie loves-Jared, a human who still lives in hiding. Unable to separate herself from her body’s desires, Wanderer yearns for a man she’s never met. As outside forces make Wanderer and Melanie unwilling allies, they set off to search for the man they both love.

Journal Entry 2 by Projekt-X at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, March 12, 2011
Into bookbox!

Journal Entry 3 by jules5 at Darlington, County Durham United Kingdom on Saturday, August 27, 2011
Picked this out of the bookbox as have been wanting to read for a while..me and my kids!

Journal Entry 4 by jules5 at Darlington, County Durham United Kingdom on Saturday, September 10, 2011
Hmmm! I kick myself every time i read a Stephenie Meyer. Her books have this hypnotic quality like 'you have to finish reading no matter what'. The no-matter what is that i feel she is such a bad writer..it's like she has swallowed every cliche of a mediocre creative writing course. No, you don't have to dedicate a whole page to a description of a river course; every detail does not have to be vivisected and minutely logged. And what's with the threesome again (ok it develops into foursome ); it does a great disservice to women to have this cliche of men fighting over them..the twilight saga was little more than sexual fantasy dressed up as a good story for teenagers and this book follows the same pattern with an alien instead of a vampire. It's going to be angels next ...can see it now. The story.. it's all a bit Stargate but as aliens go, these souls aren't too bad as they're supposed to be gentle, peace-loving things (although they must have cottoned on to the fact that humans are not willing hosts which goes against the grain of their philosophy a tad) But, as i said, i was compelled to read it so perhaps i'm being a bit too harsh in that writers write as people read and she does a damn fine job in making books that sell.
i'm kicking myself but i'm glad i read it! It's going back in the box anyhow.

Journal Entry 5 by jules5 at Darlington, County Durham United Kingdom on Tuesday, September 13, 2011
oops, can't fit it back into the box. I shall just have to find another home for it

Journal Entry 6 by jules5 at Glasgow, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, December 09, 2011

Released 8 yrs ago (12/9/2011 UTC) at Glasgow, Scotland United Kingdom

Surprise......... wish granted (*
Hope you enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 7 by fee_gee at Glasgow, Scotland United Kingdom on Wednesday, February 01, 2012
Thank you for sending me this RABCK and sorry I didn't get round to journalling it earlier.... I'm almost finished it now!!! I'm really enjoying it and it has made those long bus journeys too and from work in the cold and dark a lot more interesting!!! I will journal again when I have finished it x

Journal Entry 8 by fee_gee at Glasgow, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, February 21, 2012
This was the first book I have read by this author having never read any of the Twilight books and had been told this book was aimed more at adults... though I did enjoy it for what it was, a bit of light entertanment (bubblegum reading I call it... passes the time and doen't tax too many braincells lol) I still think it was primarily still aimed at the teen-girl audience!