The Great Gatsby

by F. Scott Fitzgerald | Entertainment | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingKarenBCwing of Prince George, British Columbia Canada on 7/4/2009
Journal Entry 1 by wingKarenBCwing from Prince George, British Columbia Canada on Saturday, July 04, 2009
...captures all the romance and glitter of the Jazz Age in its portrayal of a young man and his tragic search for love and success.

Journal Entry 2 by wingKarenBCwing at Rockhampton, Queensland Australia on Saturday, July 04, 2009

Released 9 yrs ago (7/4/2009 UTC) at Rockhampton, Queensland Australia

This book is heading off for an adventure down-under, as a surprise RABCK for fairy-whispers...Shhh! don't tell - it's a SURPRISE!

Journal Entry 3 by wingseldombiteswing from Cambridge Park, New South Wales Australia on Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Photobucket

G'day,

Just checking in to let you know I am safe and sound. I am having a nice visit with fairy-whispers before continuing on my travels. I hope you’re having as much fun as I am!

With Great Affection,

Your Book :-)

Journal Entry 4 by wingseldombiteswing from Cambridge Park, New South Wales Australia on Friday, July 24, 2009
Tired of hearing everyone rave about this novel, I decided it was about time I see what all the fuss is about. I'm glad I did. This has to be the easiest classic I have ever read. Classic literature generally consists of very heavy language that needs to be waded through like a swamp. Not so, The Great Gatsby. Not only is this novel easy to read, it is also a pleasant story. This book focuses on the usual themes of class, gender roles and progress, but it also touches on the different standards of honesty expected from various characters, and (more subtly) the impact of the Great War on the lives of those who lived through it. The focus on the difference between West Egg and East Egg can also be seen as representing the division between Old Aristocracy and the nouveaux riche. Fitzgerald also seems to touch on the difference between true friends and opportunistic hangers on. During life, Gatsby's home is filled with people, many of which he has never met, but on his death, it is the relatively new acquaintance of the Narrator that proves true and lasting - the others have disappeared. This a short, enjoyable and easy to read novel.

Journal Entry 5 by wingseldombiteswing at Community Centre (Barry St) in Gracemere, Queensland Australia on Friday, January 07, 2011

Released 8 yrs ago (1/7/2011 UTC) at Community Centre (Barry St) in Gracemere, Queensland Australia

G'day

Welcome to BookCrossing! What you have in your hands is an honest-to-goodness gift, no strings attached. You may keep it forever and ever, pass it on to a friend, or release it in the wild like I did. I know it may seem a little odd to find this lying around--it's my way of touching the lives of others in a positive way and sharing my love of books.

This book started its journey in Gracemere, Qld, Australia and I would like to thank you for letting us know it is still safe and sound. All over the world people are following their book’s travels through BookCrossing & by graciously visiting this site and making an entry you are helping keep this book’s unique travelling history up-to-date.

If you choose to read this book, it would be really great if you could come back and let us know what you thought – as confirmed bookaholics, we love to compare notes! Don’t worry - you can remain anonymous if you wish.

While you don’t have to register or join, I hope you will consider doing so. It’s free, it’s confidential (you are only known by your screen-name), and it’s highly addictive! If you do decide to join, please list myself (fairy-whispers) or any previous reader of this book as your referring member.

For more information about BookCrossing, check out the FAQs on the homepage. For more information about me (fairy-whispers) or any other reader of this book, just click on that person’s screen-name above.

Have a great day and may you always have a good book to read!