A Narrated Life

Registered by mrsordonez of Fenton, Missouri USA on 6/2/2003
Journal Entry 1 by mrsordonez from Fenton, Missouri USA on Monday, June 02, 2003
As many of you might remember, I started a birthday bookbox in honor of my birthday (May 4th) and it is moving on now to the second person in the list. It had 24 books, as I was 24, but now that I am 25 (so old!) it's time for the twenty-fifth book to make the rounds. This book is actually a compilation of poetry and essays that I have written myself over the span of my lifetime (since age 6). I am by no means a great author, and have never written a book, but I really do enjoy writing, and find it a great emotional release. So... I am looking in people interested in reading my writing (it's about 150 pages -- half sheets, total). I think it is interesting, not to toot my own horn, as it shows my emotional development, and also because it reflects the time it was written in. (There is an essay about the cold war and the "U.S.S.R." for example). Most of the work is highly personal and individual. I have a great deal of scholarly work written, but I have kept that separate, as it is really boring unless you are interested in the specific topic/work of literature that it is about. There are some works in Spanish and German, (very poor German!) but most is in English. Some things have been translated from one language to another, so it is pretty open to readers of English and/or Spanish. (The German is only for two short essays, and, like I said, it was more writing practice than anything else). I will say that there are some essays of "questionable nature" so if you are sensitive or easily offended, you may not want to participate (mainly having to do with sexual issues). The work, for me, is still in progress, and will be probably until I die or until I actually fulfill my dream of being published, or becoming a publisher (either one is good for me!). The book is a quick read, as many of the essays are short and contain simple language, at least until my "older years". :) Anyone interested, please PM. I would love to receive criticism/comments on the blank pages I have included at the end, as well as in the journal entries. Thanks so much, in advance, to anyone who is interested in my work. Please PM with location and whether or not you can ship international. I will be the first to say that my work may not be very good, but I hope that I am developing and maturing, and that someday it will be up to "par" with published authors. With that, I'll quit rambling, and let you all voice your opinions. Thanks... :) Lindsay

Of course I'm going to give this book a ten, it's mine! This is my ongoing unpublished manuscript that has decided to take a journey into the world as a bookring. Once I have received all of the comments from my fellow BCers, I might have enough courage to look into publication... Thank you all for your interest!

Once you are finished with the book, write a couple of notes in the blank pages in the back, make a journal entry, and PM the next person on the list. If you get no answer within a certain amount of time, skip that person, and PM the next on the list. Please also make sure to check back online (as opposed to the list sent out with the book) just in case there have been any changes or additions.

Finally, I have this document in a MS Publisher file. If you have compatable software, I can email it to you if you are so inclined. PM and let me know!

The order of the bookring is as follows:

skcreader, VA
PalmersPal, CA
16stepper, AZ
hyacinthblue, MD
mrsordonez, MO

Journal Entry 2 by skcreader from Roanoke, Virginia USA on Monday, June 09, 2003
I am honored to be the first on this bookring - I will read this weekend. I look forward to knowing you better through your writing.

Journal Entry 3 by skcreader from Roanoke, Virginia USA on Sunday, August 10, 2003
oh my, I didn't realize 2 months have passed since I received this book! Generally I read quickly but this was different...since forming a close e-relationship with the author I wanted to give her work my undivided attention,however, I didn't intend to take 2 months. I loved the progression from elementary school through college work...I've learned much about you. I have plenty of questions I'll ask in private...I wish my Spanish and German were better...sending on to the next person on the list, thank you for sharing this...

Journal Entry 4 by Betsy-STL from St. Louis, Missouri USA on Monday, August 18, 2003
Rec'd via mail today. I just finished a bookring book today so the arrival of "A Narrated Life" was perfect timing.

Journal Entry 5 by Betsy-STL from St. Louis, Missouri USA on Tuesday, August 19, 2003
Lindsay your imagination was way out there when in fourth grade you wrote, "It was moving day. I was packing when I found a tiny creature under my bed. It had wings of a bat, the body of a chipmunk, the tail of a dragon, ears of an elf, and orange fuzz all over" (pg. 31). I read this story to my son and he liked it a lot. He also enjoyed "Revenge Recipe". How did you think up such GROSS ingredients? YUCK.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'll update my post when I've finished reading.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My favorites were:
1) Lonliness (pg. 116)
2) I Hold My Head High (pg. 120)
3) Las Vegas Nights (pg. 126)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lindsay I can see some of your earlier work being developed into children's books. The Charading Monkey, Trouble and Revenge Recipe are three perfect examples.

I enjoyed your poetry and I think that publishing a book of poetry is well within your reach. I also loved your short play "Las Vegas Nights". You have GREAT potential as a writer.

Thanks for sharing such intimate thoughts.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sending to Soraidh on 8-20-03.
Delivery confirmation #0301 0120 0003 5087 5203
Delivered 9:59am, 8-22-03

Journal Entry 6 by Soraidh from St. Louis, Missouri USA on Thursday, September 04, 2003
I got this in the mail the other day and I'm part way through it. It's great to see the writing develop over the course of the years!

Journal Entry 7 by mrsordonez from Fenton, Missouri USA on Tuesday, May 11, 2004
This bookring seems to have stalled. I may print out another copy to share when time permits.

Journal Entry 8 by nyisutter from St. Charles, Missouri USA on Monday, May 17, 2004
I received this in the mail today. I look foward to reading it.

Journal Entry 9 by nyisutter from St. Charles, Missouri USA on Tuesday, May 25, 2004
Thank you for sending this around. I enjoyed reading your stories and poems. I admire you for trusting us with your writing. I especially enjoyed the younger years. A lot of imagination and creativity, even at a young age.

I will pass this on as soon as I can.

Journal Entry 10 by brideofmessiah from Hillsboro, Missouri USA on Tuesday, July 06, 2004
Just arrived in the mail - Heading over to Mt TBR...

Journal Entry 11 by nyisutter from St. Charles, Missouri USA on Tuesday, July 06, 2004
Wow! That sure took a long time to move from one side of the city to the other! Wonder what the USPS has been doing with it all this time!

Journal Entry 12 by brideofmessiah from Hillsboro, Missouri USA on Monday, September 11, 2006
Boy oh boy do I feel like the crummiest BookCrosser ever! I've had this for over 2 years! Sheesh! And I read it right away, that's the odd part. It seems to have gone down in our last move - got packed w/other notebook-type things. Sigh! SO SORRY! I'm going to attempt to contact the next BookCrosser, unless I hear otherwise from you, Lindsay Anne. If I don't hear from lennonchick78 within a week I'll move on down the list.

Journal Entry 13 by brideofmessiah from Hillsboro, Missouri USA on Saturday, September 23, 2006
Moving on down the list - I got no response from lennonchick78, or alrescate, and casseytara no longer exists as a s/n. This will be mailed out to Agrace on Monday!

Journal Entry 14 by Agrace from Frisco, Texas USA on Friday, November 24, 2006
Thanks for sharing your life with us.

Journal Entry 15 by rcd9229 from Midland, Texas USA on Monday, January 01, 2007
In the middle of reading it, have little computer access right now hence the slowness of registering it. But I will pass it on as quickly as possible!

Journal Entry 16 by Aramena from Moore, Oklahoma USA on Monday, March 26, 2007
Arrived today. I flipped through and this looks very interesting!

Journal Entry 17 by Aramena from Moore, Oklahoma USA on Thursday, April 19, 2007
Reading this makes me wish I'd kept everything I've written since I was a kids also! I only have the stuff I wrote from about age 15 to about age 23 or so I guess. Although I don't think I'd be brave enough to share it the way you have Lindsay! Anyway, I enjoyed this peek at your life, some of the early stories made me laugh out loud, you did have a great imagination! My favorites are "My Wilderness Adventure", "Emily Christine Dodd as a Role Model", and "How I Met (and Lost) the Woman of my Dreams".

This is now headed to Amberlee17!

Journal Entry 18 by AmberLee17 from Stockton, California USA on Wednesday, April 25, 2007
Arrived today, err, yesterday by now. It looks interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Journal Entry 19 by AmberLee17 from Stockton, California USA on Friday, July 13, 2007
Sorry I've taken so long over this book. I've lingered over it, and copied several of the poems into scrapbooks so I can reread them again later. Uh, I forget the titles and am too lazy to go look it up right now. "Blue" and "Loneliness" (I think these are the titles of the poems I copied) particularly touched me.

I've PMed the next in line, although it may be faster to drop it off my next visit through her hometown...

Journal Entry 20 by AmberLee17 from Stockton, California USA on Saturday, July 14, 2007
Off in the mail today; the clerk estimated it would arrive Tuesday or Wednesday.

Journal Entry 21 by wingJDTwing from Pleasanton, California USA on Monday, July 16, 2007
Speedy trip for this collection of Lindsay's writings!
Thanks, AmberLee and to mrsordonez. What a treat to hear from you both after quite a while!

I'll PM the next person(s) to keep this moving soon.

Journal Entry 22 by wingJDTwing from Pleasanton, California USA on Monday, July 16, 2007
Speedy trip for this collection of Lindsay's writings!

I'll PM the next person(s) to keep this moving soon.

Journal Entry 23 by wingJDTwing from Pleasanton, California USA on Tuesday, July 17, 2007
whoops - lost my journal entry - so excuse me if 2 entries show up!

I sat right down to read this impressive collection of your writings, Lindsay!
It was like a surprise gift to receive this bookring that's been travelling leisurely for over 4 years. (somehow appropriate for writings about life's journey!

Appreciated the progression of writing over time; the variety of styles, languages, themes; your honesty and creativity.

Moving past BCers who asked to be skipped or didn't respond, and sending this collection on to solittletime.

Thanks again, mrsordonez! (Keep writing!)

Journal Entry 24 by wingsolittletimewing from Portland, Maine USA on Sunday, July 29, 2007
I am glad to be part of this group of readers. I received the book today and will write more when I have started reading. Thanks for including me in this BookRing.

Journal Entry 25 by wingsolittletimewing from Portland, Maine USA on Wednesday, March 12, 2008
Have written to lightwavz and I'm waiting for a mailing address so that I can send this book on.

Interesting to see how the writing of one individual progresses over the course of several years. I think my favorite was I Hold My Head High.

Thanks for sharing such intimate writings with us, mrsordonez.

Journal Entry 26 by wingsolittletimewing from Portland, Maine USA on Sunday, March 23, 2008
Wrote to lightwavz again. Wonder if my previous PM got through...

Journal Entry 27 by wingsolittletimewing from Portland, Maine USA on Saturday, March 29, 2008
No response from lightwavz, so I have written to EarthAngel for a mailing address.

Journal Entry 28 by wingsolittletimewing from Portland, Maine USA on Thursday, April 17, 2008
Trying again to reach EarthAngel for a mailing address.

Journal Entry 29 by wingsolittletimewing from Portland, Maine USA on Monday, April 21, 2008
E-mailed nikel27 for a mailing address as no response to my PM to EarthAngel.

Journal Entry 30 by wingsolittletimewing at Ginsheim-Gustavsburg, Hessen Germany on Monday, April 21, 2008

Released 11 yrs ago (4/21/2008 UTC) at Ginsheim-Gustavsburg, Hessen Germany

Mailing to nikel27 in Germany.

Journal Entry 31 by nikel27 from -- Irgendwo / Somewhere --, Hessen Germany on Sunday, May 04, 2008
arrived safe at my house, thanks also for the extra book

update:
Great read, thanks for sharing your stories with me.
Ask for the next members address.

Wants to skip:
fflloorr, PORT

Journal Entry 32 by nikel27 at Post Office in Book Ring, Ginsheim -- Controlled Releases on Monday, June 16, 2008

Released 11 yrs ago (6/16/2008 UTC) at Post Office in Book Ring, Ginsheim -- Controlled Releases

EnJoy as I did.

Journal Entry 33 by Xana from Genève, Genève Switzerland on Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Got it!

It has been a long time since I've signed up for this ring (I've lived in 4 different countries!), so it was a very pleasant surprised when I saw it in my mailbox :)

A more detailed review will follow soon.