The Kommandant's Girl

Registered by taaza of Madison, Wisconsin USA on 6/13/2009
Journal Entry 1 by taaza from Madison, Wisconsin USA on Saturday, June 13, 2009
Picked up at the local Goodwill store in April 2009

Journal Entry 2 by taaza from Madison, Wisconsin USA on Saturday, June 13, 2009
I obtained this book specifically for ladybug74's Professions bookbox, but when I started flipping through the pages, it looked good, so I decided to read the first few paragraphs. Before long, I was a quarter of the way through the book and I guess it drew me in unexpectedly! This book did grab me from the beginning, and turned out to be a more interesting and historically-based than I thought it would be. If you enjoy a bittersweet love story, or books set during WWII, you won't be disappointed.

Journal Entry 3 by taaza from Madison, Wisconsin USA on Saturday, June 13, 2009
Placed inside ladybug74's Professions bookbox - enjoy!

Journal Entry 4 by mrsjones from Hamilton, Ohio USA on Saturday, June 27, 2009
I am always fascinated by stories of the Holocaust, whether real or fictional. I haven't read this book yet, but look forward to it.

Journal Entry 5 by mrsjones at Hamilton, Ohio USA on Tuesday, September 03, 2013
I've held onto this long enough. It just doesn't appeal to me, so it's time to let it go. I'm adding it to the ABC (Already Been Crossed) Bookbox.

Journal Entry 6 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Sunday, October 06, 2013
Taking out of the ABC bookbox. It looks like it should be an interesting read.

Journal Entry 7 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Monday, March 30, 2015
Started this book tonight and am already just about 1/4 way through the book. I will journal when I finish.

Journal Entry 8 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Monday, March 30, 2015
I really enjoyed this book; so much, that I read the entire book in one sitting. I started it after supper and finished before I went to sleep. This book drew me in. I found myself feeling nervous for Emma/Anna, trying to tell her what to do, and concerned for her safety. This book explores the themes of hope, struggle, and defiance in the face of overwhelming odds. I liked the way that the author did not tie everything up in nice little packages. She left me hoping for a sequel. There are discussion questions at the end and I found myself wishing I had someone to discuss the book with.

This book is reserved for Iwillrejoice's "K" bookring.

Released 4 yrs ago (9/27/2015 UTC) at By Mail in Controlled Release, Given to a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

Enjoy! Sending on to the next person for the "K" books. Hopefully, someone will pick this wonderful book.

Journal Entry 10 by wingNancyNovawing at Lansdale, Pennsylvania USA on Saturday, October 17, 2015
Taking from the "K" bookring. Will set this aside for a while, since book club has read mostly WWII books this year. Then will read next year & keep booklady's comments in mind for a possible book club read.

Journal Entry 11 by wingNancyNovawing at Lansdale, Pennsylvania USA on Saturday, January 13, 2018
logged into BC, but not librarything. Found when resorting shelves.

Journal Entry 12 by wingNancyNovawing at Lansdale, Pennsylvania USA on Saturday, August 10, 2019
too many books and not enough shelves in the new house. this one will travel

Journal Entry 13 by wingNancyNovawing at Kulpsville Post Office OBCZ in Kulpsville, Pennsylvania USA on Saturday, November 30, 2019

Released 1 mo ago (11/30/2019 UTC) at Kulpsville Post Office OBCZ in Kulpsville, Pennsylvania USA

for the THE release challenge

If you aren't familiar with Bookcrossing, take a few minutes to check out this very cool site. Bookcrossers LOVE books, and more than anything, they love to read books and then set them free for other people to find and enjoy. I would love it if you would leave a journal entry -- you can say where you found the book or how you liked it when you read it. Then, when you are ready, pass it along for someone else to enjoy!
Thanks and happy reading!