Lake News

by Barbara Delinsky | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 067103619x Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingbookczukwing of Charleston, South Carolina USA on 6/14/2009
Journal Entry 1 by wingbookczukwing from Charleston, South Carolina USA on Sunday, June 14, 2009
One of the multitudes of unregistered books in bumma's room that she may not get to read, before cancer claims her. She's asked me to register and release them for her.

Journal Entry 2 by wingbookczukwing at Lansdale, Pennsylvania USA on Saturday, October 10, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (10/10/2009 UTC) at Lansdale, Pennsylvania USA

My project to distribute bumma's books was waylaid by the tragedy of my brother's murder and his wife's injuries suffered in a horrible attack and robbery in India. We are adjusting to the Eric and bumma-sized holes in our hearts, and building a bridge of love and memories across them to our life without them. Thank God for memories. This book was part of bumma's collection (though she may or may not have read it. It was in her room when she passed away.) I am sending it on to nancynova now. Travel well, little book.

To the future finder of this book:

Welcome to BookCrossing, a unique community of book lovers, sharing their libraries with the world. This book is now yours to read, enjoy, keep or pass on to another reader. The BookCrossing ID, which you entered in the "Enter a BCID" box on the website, is unique to this copy of this book. If you make a journal entry (either anonymously, or as a BookCrossing member) all previous readers of this actual book will be notified by email, and can follow the book as it travels. BookCrossing is free to join, completely confidential (you are known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address) and a heck of a lot of fun. Be on the lookout for other books left in the "Wild"!

Journal Entry 3 by wingNancyNovawing from Lansdale, Pennsylvania USA on Saturday, October 17, 2009
Thank you bookczuk. This one is put away for the moment - and will become part of the next SIY reading challenge (or whatever challenge pops up in January) - to get rabck'd books read and on their way again.

Journal Entry 4 by wingNancyNovawing at Lansdale, Pennsylvania USA on Sunday, January 25, 2015
Well, this one languished in the huge Mt Tbr, until I did a book shuffle over the holidays to move the ABC TBRs around. This one will be read shortly, and if not too "romancey" will go out in the "L" bookring.

Journal Entry 5 by wingNancyNovawing at Lansdale, Pennsylvania USA on Saturday, February 28, 2015
rabck from Bumma's book distribution; good story, although you knew what that there was going to be a happy ending. Lily, a cabaret singer in Boston, was targeted in incorrect allegations in the press. Her Catholic Cardinal friend was issued a public apology by the press days later, but she had to leave town to escape the media and settled back in her old hometown of Lake Henry. The local newspaperman, John, used to work with the reporter who started the slander, and wants to uncover why he did it, the unethical workings and bring him down. In the background are strained family relationships for both John and Lily. The mystery of why kept me guessing until almost the very end. And you knew that Lily and John would sort of mend their fences with their families and wind up together.

This one will travel along in the "L" bookring

Journal Entry 6 by wingNancyNovawing at -- BookRing, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Sunday, July 12, 2015

Released 4 yrs ago (7/13/2015 UTC) at -- BookRing, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Adding to the "L" Bookring.

If you aren't familiar with Bookcrossing, take a few minutes to check out this very cool site. Bookcrossers LOVE books, and more than anything, they love to read books and then set them free for other people to find and enjoy. I would love it if you would leave a journal entry -- you can say where you found the book or how you liked it when you read it. Then, when you are ready, pass it along for someone else to enjoy! Thanks and happy reading!

Journal Entry 7 by LynnGorman at New Castle, Indiana USA on Sunday, July 19, 2015
I received this book in the "L" bookring. My stack of TBR books just keeps growing so I will reserve this book for my OBCZ.

Journal Entry 8 by LynnGorman at CafeRoyal-OBCZ in New Castle, Indiana USA on Friday, December 11, 2015

Released 4 yrs ago (12/3/2015 UTC) at CafeRoyal-OBCZ in New Castle, Indiana USA

To the finder of this book:

Welcome to BookCrossing, a unique community of book lovers, who are sharing their libraries with the world. This book is now yours to read, keep, or pass along to another reader.

Each copy of a book registered at BookCrossing has a unique ID# (BCID#). We are able to follow where each book goes through this ID#. We would be very happy if you would make a journal entry to say you have found the book. It is fun for other readers of this book to see where the book has traveled-sometimes around the world!

BookCrossing is free to join, completely confidential, and you can remain anonymous (you are only known by your screen name & your e-mail is never shared). If you choose to join please consider using me, LYNNGORMAN, as your referring member.

Happy reading!