East of the Mountains

by David Guterson | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by nattabee of Madisonville, Kentucky USA on 6/6/2009
Journal Entry 1 by nattabee from Madisonville, Kentucky USA on Saturday, June 06, 2009
I got this one because the story sounds interging...

Journal Entry 2 by nattabee at Madisonville, Kentucky USA on Saturday, September 25, 2010
This is going in svoight's "I've Been Everywhere" Box. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 3 by wingheartthumperwing at Hutchinson, Kansas USA on Friday, October 08, 2010
Chosen from the I've Been Everywhere Book Box. I just now opened it and found the bookmark and postcard. Thank you!

Released 5 yrs ago (11/27/2014 UTC) at Book box in -- wild in the usa, -- Wild Released somewhere in USA -- USA

Added to the Just Not Into It Book Box.

Journal Entry 5 by wingbookstogivewing at Springville, Tennessee USA on Friday, January 30, 2015
Picked this one from the I'm Not Into It Bookbox, thanks for including it.

Amazon Editorial Review

Ben Givens is a retired heart surgeon who has been diagnosed with terminal cancer. Deciding to take charge of his own demise, Ben travels into the wild country of Washington state with his two dogs and his father's Winchester, to hunt one last time and then to end his life on his own terms. But, as with all quests, the Fates intervene. A car wreck introduces him to various helpers and hindrances, and gradually Ben undertakes a journey back through his own past. As he nears the apple-growing country in which he grew up, he recalls the signal events of his youth and manhood-especially his wartime experiences and his profound love for his wife of fifty years. Ben is transformed into an American Odysseus as he confronts the many sides of his own nature in a novel that radiates with the glories of the natural world and the mysterious permutations of the human heart.

Journal Entry 6 by wingbookstogivewing at Sugar Land, Texas USA on Friday, July 28, 2017

Released 2 yrs ago (7/28/2017 UTC) at Sugar Land, Texas USA

Released as a selection from the General Lit VBB, Happy Reading!

To the finder of this book:

Journal Entry 7 by wingReadertoowing at Sugar Land, Texas USA on Thursday, August 10, 2017
I chose this book from the General Literature VBB. David Guterson is one of my favorite authors and I am looking forward to reading this. Thank you bookstogive for sharing it with me! :)