Angels & demons

by Dan Brown | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingLastCavalierwing of Springfield, Virginia USA on 6/3/2009
Journal Entry 1 by wingLastCavalierwing from Springfield, Virginia USA on Wednesday, June 03, 2009
I picked up this copy up from a library book sale at Richard Byrd Public Library located in Springfield, Virginia.

Journal Entry 2 by wingLastCavalierwing from Springfield, Virginia USA on Wednesday, June 03, 2009
Here is an editorial review from Amazon.com:

Harvard symbologist Robert Langdon is shocked to find proof that the legendary secret society, the Illuminati--dedicated since the time of Galileo to promoting the interests of science and condemning the blind faith of Catholicism--is alive, well, and murderously active. Brilliant physicist Leonardo Vetra has been murdered, his eyes plucked out, and the society's ancient symbol branded upon his chest. His final discovery, antimatter, the most powerful and dangerous energy source known to man, has disappeared--only to be hidden somewhere beneath Vatican City on the eve of the election of a new pope. Langdon and Vittoria, Vetra's daughter and colleague, embark on a frantic hunt through the streets, churches, and catacombs of Rome, following a 400-year-old trail to the lair of the Illuminati, to prevent the incineration of civilization.

Brown seems as much juggler as author--there are lots and lots of balls in the air in this novel, yet Brown manages to hurl the reader headlong into an almost surreal suspension of disbelief. While the reader might wish for a little more sardonic humor from Langdon, and a little less bombastic philosophizing on the eternal conflict between religion and science, these are less fatal flaws than niggling annoyances--readers should have no trouble skimming past them and immersing themselves in a heck of a good read. "Brain candy" it may be, but my! It's tasty. --Kelly Flynn

Journal Entry 3 by wingLastCavalierwing from Springfield, Virginia USA on Wednesday, June 03, 2009
Here are my opinions on the book:

Ok - I've read the book and seen the movie. I've also read and seen the Da Vinci Code. Like many of you I read the Da Vinci Code before A&E. I have no intention in making a full review.

Journal Entry 4 by wingLastCavalierwing at La Madeleine, Old Georgetown Road in Bethesda, Maryland USA on Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Released 8 yrs ago (9/6/2010 UTC) at La Madeleine, Old Georgetown Road in Bethesda, Maryland USA

This book is being released at the tables inside the restaurant during a meeting of the Washington metropolitan area BookCrossers. This book was left there on purpose for you to find. Read and enjoy!

____________________________________________

Thank you so much for picking up this book. Please make a journal entry here on this page if you haven’t already done so to let me know that this book has found a good home. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (it is entirely free). If you choose to join, I would love if you could indicate nat4lee referred you.

Journal Entry 5 by wingKateKintailwing at Burke, Virginia USA on Monday, September 13, 2010
This came home with me after the meetup in Bethsday, MD. on Labor Day.

Journal Entry 6 by wingKateKintailwing at George Mason University in Fairfax, Virginia USA on Thursday, September 23, 2010

Released 8 yrs ago (9/23/2010 UTC) at George Mason University in Fairfax, Virginia USA

Left this on the statue of George Mason by the Johnson Center while workers put up (took down?) a Fall for the Book tent around it.

Congrats and welcome to BookCrossing!
Thank you so much for picking up this book! Please make a journal entry here on this page if you haven’t already done so to let me know that this book has found a good home. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (joining is free). BookCrossing is entirely confidential (you’re known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address) and spam-free. If you register, you can track this book easily later as it goes on its journey!
I really hope you enjoy the book you found! When you’re done reading it, you can make another journal entry with your comments here to let me know what you thought of it. You can keep the book forever and ever or pass it on to someone else. If you’re giving it to someone directly, make another journal entry saying so. If you choose to leave it somewhere “in the wild” for anyone to catch, make release notes that indicate where you left it. If you register, you will be alerted by e-mail each time someone makes another journal entry.

Journal Entry 7 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Fairfax, Virginia USA on Saturday, September 25, 2010
Read the Da Vinci Code and can't wait to read this book also. My husband works at George Mason University (not one of the guys putting the tent up), found it and brought it home knowing that I had already read the Da Vinci Code.