Hotel World

by Ali Smith | Women's Fiction |
Registered by jnpert of Ridgefield, Connecticut USA on 6/1/2009
Journal Entry 1 by jnpert from Ridgefield, Connecticut USA on Monday, June 01, 2009
Louisville Free Public Library find...

Journal Entry 2 by jnpert at Ridgefield, Connecticut USA on Monday, August 24, 2015

Released 4 yrs ago (8/24/2015 UTC) at Ridgefield, Connecticut USA

Sending off as part of the General Lit VBB. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Monday, August 31, 2015
Thanks for sending from Bookstogive's General Literature VBB. It looks interesting.

Book Description: Hotel World takes us through a night in the lives of five people. Three are strangers, two are sisters, one is dead. Through the course of the evening we are drawn into their different worlds. It's luxurious for some, but a long drop for others.

Playful, defiant and richly inventive, Hotel World is a riotous elegy, a deadpan celebration, an alchemy of opposite worlds colliding to make a modern parable of connection and indifference, and ultimately a defense of love.

Journal Entry 4 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Friday, September 18, 2015
My Review: This is a bit dark, I had hoped it would be more humorous. Really different from what I normally read.

Journal Entry 5 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Thursday, May 26, 2016
Putting into the 16th round of Bookstogive's General Literature VBB.

Journal Entry 6 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Wednesday, January 11, 2017
This book hasn't been chosen in a couple of rounds, so I'm taking it out of Bookstogive's General Literature VBB.

Journal Entry 7 by JennyC1230 at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Monday, May 08, 2017

Released 2 yrs ago (5/8/2017 UTC) at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Starting out in the Variety Genre Bookbox.

Journal Entry 8 by rhythmbiscuit at Northglenn, Colorado USA on Tuesday, May 16, 2017
I selected this book from the Variety Genre bookbox. Thank you for sharing!

Journal Entry 9 by rhythmbiscuit at Northglenn, Colorado USA on Thursday, October 04, 2018
I recently read this book. I found it inventive, if at times hard to read. Clare's portion, titled "Future in the Past," was the most compelling to me, even though it was stream-of-consciousness. One thing that resonated with me was wanting to taste things, or to experience things more fully with your senses, so you can remember them for your lost loved one.

This book is reserved as part of the First Sentences VBB.

Journal Entry 10 by rhythmbiscuit at Northglenn, Colorado USA on Thursday, October 04, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (10/4/2018 UTC) at Northglenn, Colorado USA

On its way to greenbadger. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 11 by winggreenbadgerwing at St Albans, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Thursday, October 11, 2018
Chosen from First Sentences VBB round 15. Thank you!

Journal Entry 12 by winggreenbadgerwing at St Albans, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Saturday, September 28, 2019
The interlinked stories of five women all connected to the Global Hotel. One has died, one is her sister, one is the receptionist. All of their lives are impacted. This is well written and a Booker Prize finalist, but it's a bit of a strange book - some wonderful bits but some of it just didn't really grab me.